Multiple phones in 2015?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you phone enthusiast to the point that one phone isn't enough? If you use multiple phones or don't yet but want to what do you use (or plan on using) and what is your favorite device and why?

Also, HOW do you use your multiple phones? Is one for work and one personal? One for work and two for personal? One large phone and one small one? Do you simply alternate from one day to the next or do have some other neat usage scheme?

Come on and tell us what you do (or want to do) with multiple devices.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Note 3 for every day use, Motorola V551 (ten years old) for when the Note 3 has to be fixed or is doing a long backup and I have to run out (I want a phone when I['m out of the house) - or when I might damage or "lose" the phone (if it costs $30 to replace it, I'm being robbed).

When I had my cellphone stores, I sold 5 carriers, so I had 5 phones on my belt. Why? If a customer complained about reception, I could go there with a known phone and see what the reception there was like. All the carriers' reps could contact me on their own company's number. (Sometimes I was juggling 3 calls at once, but that's the business.)

These days, one Note 3 is plenty. Phone, laptop, game box, network analyzer - I haven't used my laptop in a long time.

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I just started using two phones.

My personal phone is the Xperia Z3, then I just bought a Moto G for work so there's no chance of my Z3 being damaged.

Both are great phones, but the Moto G is really making me nostalgic for 4-4.7" screens.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is my daily driver.
My Galaxy S4 and S2 are spares. Also have a BB Q10 hanging around, but barely if ever look at it.

StandardGames

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm short on money that's why I'm stuck with a crappy Galaxy Y Duos and an iPhone4. I use the Samsung just as a cellphone and the iPhone for gaming and apps. Not my favorite constellation, but it works. :)

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm short on money that's why I'm stuck with a crappy Galaxy Y Duos and an iPhone4. I use the Samsung just as a cellphone and the iPhone for gaming and apps. Not my favorite constellation, but it works. :)

I know this is an Android forum but the iPhone 4 is still one hell of a phone, a colleague of mine just got rid of her BB Z10 and got a new iPhone 4 (yep Apple still make them), and she is loving it to bits. Also by far the best looking iPhone design.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Moto X as my regular phone. I have a Lumia 920 that I'm using on WiFi only to test Windows 10 Mobile.

I have a SIM adapter, since the Moto X takes a nano SIM, and the Lumia 920 takes a micro SIM. However, I like the Moto X so much that I've never bothered putting the SIM in the Lumia 920 since I got the Moto X.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

StandardGames

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I know this is an Android forum but the iPhone 4 is still one hell of a phone, a colleague of mine just got rid of her BB Z10 and got a new iPhone 4 (yep Apple still make them), and she is loving it to bits. Also by far the best looking iPhone design.
Yeah, it's a dozen times better than the Galaxy Y Duos. :D But being stuck with iOS 7.1.2 is rather annoying, when the iPhone 4S is already capable of upgrading. It's interesting to see how rarely I need the Galaxy now whose use has mainly been reduced to phone calls.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
RIght now I have a work phone, personal phone, tablet, laptop for work and personal use and have a backup flip phone as well. I am returning my unopened phone since I decided the ZenFone 2 is just fine for now and I will likely add a second phone in the coming months to play with. I get bored easily with my devices and shiny new ones always catch my eye.

Mane Robinson

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I use only 1 phone and a tablet and a laptop and so on, but I find that it is harder to manage 2 phones at the same time, calendars, task managers and all that

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
2013 and 2014 I owned all the flagship phones at one point, but in 2015 so far all I've had is the S6. I can't be bothered with keeping up with new technology every few months, plus my wife gets pretty mad when I come home with a new phone lol. So my plan is to buy a new Nexus in a month or two and keep that for a year until the next one is released.

I love the Nexus phones, followed up by Samsung phones, then probably HTC phones, but I need to draw the line somewhere and just stick with one manufacturer, so Nexus it is.

On topic, I carry two phones, S6 for general use and my Nexus 4 for using at the gym - I used to use an Ipod, but now my gym has WiFi so I can put my Google Music subscription to use. When I get home after work I use my Nexus 7 (2013) for the majority of the evening.