Favorite notes app?

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Just like the title says, what is your favorite notes app to use and why do you like it over all the other notes apps. Looking for one that is easy in general to learn and one that is good whether you are making a short note or have to take a bunch of notes.
Thank in advance
Mreeveshp

Reactions: BEaRebel

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use both Google Keep and Samsung Notes.
I have a Pixel, not an S23, but regardless of the device, I always use Google Keep. It's easy, reliable, and cross-platform. It keeps getting more and more features as well.
I've been enjoying the Samsung Notes app—that came w/S23+ last year—more than the 'Memo' app that I had been using since I think around 2011, after switching from iPhones.

But hmmm, on my S7A, it's not showing who made Memo; was it Samsung? Did Memo morph into Samsung Notes? Wait!... it must've, cuz all of my [hundreds] of notes transferred! 🙂

Haven't yet, but will ✔️out Google Keep. 👍

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been enjoying the Samsung Notes app—that came w/S23+ last year—more than the 'Memo' app that I had been using since I think around 2011, after switching from iPhones.

But hmmm, on my S7A, it's not showing who made Memo. Was it Samsung? Did Memo morph into Samsung Notes? Wait!... it must've, cuz all of my [hundred] of notes transferred! 🙂

Haven't yet, but will ✔️out Google Keep. 👍
Yeah, Memo is the old S-Memo app from Samsung. They retired that in favor of Samsung Notes. You should be able to import Memo entries into Notes: https://forum.earlybird.club/thread...ound a solution for,memos to your galaxy note

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I used to use Keep and OneNote... but I have pretty much moved everything over to Microsoft Loop. We do still use Keep for things like the Shopping List because we use Google on our Home devices to add things to that list as needed .

I started using this for work and have also found that collaboration with my wife is so easy and seamless that we just keep things constantly updated in Loop and never miss a beat. Notebooks and pages are sync'd almost instantly and we're always in contact with one another this way.

For work, this has been a life saver, EVERYTHING in one place. I use Loop for Emails, Meeting Notes as well as Teams Chats to keep track of everything in one place. The app integration for O365 is great and just works. This is a HUGE upgrade from OneNote.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I used to use Keep and OneNote... but I have pretty much moved everything over to Microsoft Loop. We do still use Keep for things like the Shopping List because we use Google on our Home devices to add things to that list as needed .

I started using this for work and have also found that collaboration with my wife is so easy and seamless that we just keep things constantly updated in Loop and never miss a beat. Notebooks and pages are sync'd almost instantly and we're always in contact with one another this way.

For work, this has been a life saver, EVERYTHING in one place. I use Loop for Emails, Meeting Notes as well as Teams Chats to keep track of everything in one place. The app integration for O365 is great and just works. This is a HUGE upgrade from OneNote.
Microsoft Loop is one I've never heard of before. Is it for business use?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Interesting! I haven't looked at MS Loop. My wife uses MS Team & Outlook & OneNote pretty much constantly with her research work, but I'll have to ask her if she's used MS Loop. Though the recent Play Store reviews for MS Loop look pretty poor, at a first review page glance.

I've had the O365 app since it basically first became available, but I guess I typically forget about it or don't bother with using it. In fact, I've never even checked-out MS Lists, and OneNote seems too confusing! 🫣

Screenshot_20240213_182210_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpgScreenshot_20240213_182220_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Interesting! I haven't looked at MS Loop. My wife uses MS Team & Outlook & OneNote pretty much constantly with her research work, but I'll have to ask her if she's used MS Loop. Although the recent Play Store reviews for MS Loop are pretty poor.

I've had the O365 app since it basically first became available, but I guess I typically forget about it or don't bother with using it. In fact, I've never even checked-out MS Lists, and OneNote seemed too confusing! 🫣

View attachment 359933View attachment 359934
The only one I use is OneDrive. I don't like OneNote because it's too confusing to use a desktop PC version, a web based version, and a mobile version. If they simplified it into one app that is similar everywhere, I'd consider it.

That's the same reason I don't use Outlook.

Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The only one I use is OneDrive. I don't like OneNote because it's too confusing to use a desktop PC version, a web based version, and a mobile version. If they simplified it into one app that is similar everywhere, I'd consider it.

That's the same reason I don't use Outlook.
I agree! 😉

. . and this thread helped me remember that I have a
[ $10.99 Tuesday - Cowboy pizza menu OneNote ] ... to share with her before she calls in an order— in case she forgets my fave pizza. 🙂😋

Papa Murphy's $10.99 Tuesdays —

Cowboy pizza:
➖ Hold Pepperoni
➖ Hold Sausage
➖ Hold Herb & Cheese

➕ Add Canadian Bacon
➕ Add extra cheese
🔅 Spread out to edges !=))

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Loop is one I've never heard of before. Is it for business use?
I use it mainly for work. My wife and I use it for keeping notes in sync and to track things we are working on together. Other than the collaboration between her and I, I don't use it for personal use as much as I use it for work.

I am an SRE Manager and have many duties (not just running my SRE team, but also running the Incident Management and Change Control (release managers) teams). I have been moving ALL of my notes and other tasks to Loop and have found it has been great for:

• Team Collaboration and discussions
  • Decision Making for the teams
  • Task Tracking that are not tracked in our ticketing system
Because of Loop, the team feels a LOT more engaged and informed about everything that is going on since we put everything in the shared notebooks. The whole team has access and can do whatever they need to organize. One place it has REALLY helped is when we have team members on PTO or are out sick, ANYONE on the team can go into their notes and pick up items that they were working on and keep the work moving forward and not stalled because someone is out.

There is some discipline needed to keep things in order, but all in all, it's changed almost everything about how the team collaborates and works together.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I use it mainly for work. My wife and I use it for keeping notes in sync and to track things we are working on together. Other than the collaboration between her and I, I don't use it for personal use as much as I use it for work.

I am an SRE Manager and have many duties (not just running my SRE team, but also running the Incident Management and Change Control (release managers) teams). I have been moving ALL of my notes and other tasks to Loop and have found it has been great for:

• Team Collaboration and discussions
  • Decision Making for the teams
  • Task Tracking that are not tracked in our ticketing system
Because of Loop, the team feels a LOT more engaged and informed about everything that is going on since we put everything in the shared notebooks. The whole team has access and can do whatever they need to organize. One place it has REALLY helped is when we have team members on PTO or are out sick, ANYONE on the team can go into their notes and pick up items that they were working on and keep the work moving forward and not stalled because someone is out.

There is some discipline needed to keep things in order, but all in all, it's changed almost everything about how the team collaborates and works together.
So, in other words, Loop isn't for individuals not collaborating with someone else?

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
So, in other words, Loop isn't for individuals not collaborating with someone else?
That's kind of what in getting out of it, I downloaded the app but haven't got to it in line yet, so far in my search to find a better notes app I haven't found anything spectacularly better than Samsung notes, plus it works with the screen off s pen which does come in handy

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I use Google Keep for notes I intend to keep a long time, like membership numbers and gym workout progress. For everything else I use the 'Add note' module within Floating Apps.
  • Keep pros: Easy to use and syncs with other devices
  • Keep cons: Needs a confirmation dialog or button for when making edits. Changes are instant; if you make a mistake, the data is gone forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek