android os question

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Which uses more is dependent on what you do with the device and how well you set it up for your needs.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Well...I guess that depends on the answer to my previous post or what your definition is for "just to run". IOW you've gotta be more specific.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I guess what I was saying is just for the functions that Android needs to continue to run by the services it uses in the background and stuff such as updates and other services that the phone uses. I know they all have some but I am just trying to figure out if Android is more than Apple because I did some thing that somebody told me and I am Not sure if it is true. So I guess I was saying is Android uses more data performing system tasks and then a phone does whatever the Android operating system uses on its own just to function such as checking location and other things like that.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Well, again it depends...but just to try and give you some kinda answer...

Assuming that both phones are of similar vintage and cost, and both are setup the same, such as both check Yahoo mail every 15 minutes, update weather every 20 minutes etc etc - all such non-OS factors being even, then I don't know of any reason one OS would use data at a rate significantly different than the other.

Does that help?