Google ya gone done it

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm extremely satisfied with the latest lollipop update. I've been waiting for years for Android to make these changes in comparison to iOS

Fluidity. This is the first time I'm willing to go on record as saying Android now rivals iOS for smoothness and stability. I never agreed with a lot of Android fans who have made that claim before now, and felt there was an element of fanboyism to them but now I feel google has finally nailed it. Considering the increased capabilities Android contains over iOS this was quite a feat.

Design. Material design was a long time coming. I'm happy to see the high number of app developers who have quickly embraced it as well as the OEM's who have adopted it on their skins. On the hardware side most of the current flagships are every bit as attractive to look at and hold as any iPhone.

All is not sunshine and roses with me quite yet though. Fragmentation for updates on carrier phones continues to be as much a bone of contention for me as it's been since I owned my first android phone years ago. I'd like to say there's been a lot of progress in that area since then but I don't feel there has. Minor progress yes but there are still a lot of things that can only be updated at OS level and carrier phones on average are still roughly as many months behind Google releasing the code to OEM's to carriers pushing the OTA as they were about 3-4 years ago.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
In terms of fluidity, speed and consistency, Lollipop is by far the biggest improvement in terms of Android updates, I totally agree.

The only things I truly hated was the whole Silent Mode saga, that truly made me mad, but thankfully Samsung sorted. There is also the issue of how Lollipop handles notifications when playing music, when I get a WhatsApp message it now momentarily pauses the song whereas in KitKat it would play the notification sound and continue with the music, this gets annoying when streaming music to my car's audio system via BT, but its not a huge annoyance.

Overall the Lollipop advantages outnumber the disadvantages by a great margin, which is good, and like any other OS there is always room for improvement, but Google are on the right track.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87