Late to the party but I've gone and done it...

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Bought myself a Pixel Fold via eBay UK which will land with me in a few days ;)

It's via a tried & trusted business reseller I've used a good few times beforehand; always sells immaculate/as new devices that have either been opened & returned; or that are nigh on brand new - always unmarked and fully boxed etc

I need a new mobile for my work as the Samsung A53 I've got is just crap (slow, slow and even slower) - it's completely OEM too bar using Nova Launcher, so surprised at how bad it is TBH! So I'll send that back in the New Year to my boss in Dublin

I'll still be running my iPhone 14PM as I need it for my AWU; but I'm going to trial the Pixel Fold as a daily for a while and see how I get on

I've ordered the Spigen Slim Armor case, Spigen screen & camera lens protectors too and they'll be with me around the same time

Spigen case: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Armor-Compatible-Google-Pixel-Black/dp/B0BN4RX7C7/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2G7CQBKBSU7VV&keywords=spigen+pixel+fold+case&qid=1703496886&sprefix=spigen+pixel+fold+case,aps,555&sr=8-4

Spigen screen protector: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Glas-tR-Tempered-Screen-Protector/dp/B0BWGHNBTX/ref=sr_1_3?crid=15TH1YMOLUDES&keywords=spigen+pixel+fold+screen+protector&qid=1703496930&sprefix=spigen+pixel+fold+scr,aps,112&sr=8-3

Looking forward to it landing and getting it set up etc; I'll report back with pictures (y)

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I hope you enjoy the like-new device. As I wrote elsewhere yesterday, I am finding that I really like the expanded screen real estate of the open Pixel Fold. I am finding I am using it more and more. Web browsing and youtube and side-by-side apps. There's a certain hesitancy to UNfold it - kind of laziness and being use to the smaller form factor so just leaving it closed. There's probably a bit of concern about unfolding and folding it but so far it does not seem fragile.

I've created an unorthodox jerry-rigged case. It is a "plastic" Caseology case to which I've fitted a clear plexiglass/Lucite hinged door. The door was Dremeled to fit the opening and attached using clear Gorilla Tape. Only issue is that I sometimes tap the closed clear door rather than the underlying screen and the app icon and, of course, get no response. :p It may not be the prettiest contraption but it serves my purpose since I bike and hike and cross-country ski with the phone. And it just held up to taking about 1,400 pictures on a trip to Greece in Oct. Below is before I replaced the temporary black electrical tape with the clear Gorilla Tape.

1000007626--.jpg

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Congrats for your new phone. I came from ZF3 to Pixel Fold. I love Samsung software (though it is bloated for most folks) and skeptical when I got a pixel fold. The main reason to switch to Pixel Fold is the screen aspect ratio of the front screen as I end up opening ZF3 all the time. Now with Pixel Fold for a few months, Google addressed my main annoyance of opening apps full screen when unfolded and also the option to use dual screens when taking photos. Also there are rumors of creating app pairs in the next feature drop that should improve multitasking. I am very satisfied at this time with my switch though I may switch back to Z fold 6 if they change the aspect ratio as I miss too much software functionality (Dex, Edge Panel, Secure folder, pop up windows, 3 window multitasking, Samsung notes ,etc). But if Google can come any closer and loose some fat with Pixel Fold 2, then it will be tricky

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Cheers folks :)

Looking forward to it landing...

The big plus for me is that having shovel like hands; the front screen is ideal really, whereas the likes of the Z Folds etc are far too small/narrow and painful for me to use as my thumbs/fingers are not small and trying to send messages on that size screen is a no-go...

Also looking forward to the latest Android incarnation; it's a while since I used it!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Well... What a phone!

Only just got it set up; fresh install rather than copying anything, but have installed minimal apps on it for now until I decide which phone to keep as my daily driver

I've installed WhatsApp but using the Fold as a connected device for now; works as normal

Got the Spigen screen protector and camera lens protector installed as soon as I unboxed it and then straight into the Spigen Slim Armor case (not used the adhesive strips as it fits very tightly and not loose at all)

Running Nova on it for now with Orbis icons pack

So far; very impressed

fold1.jpegfold2.jpegfold3.jpegfold4.jpegfold5.jpegfold6.jpegfold7.jpegfold8.png

Attachments

• fold9.png
    fold9.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • fold10.png
    fold10.png
    1 MB · Views: 10

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Well... What a phone!

Only just got it set up; fresh install rather than copying anything, but have installed minimal apps on it for now until I decide which phone to keep as my daily driver

I've installed WhatsApp but using the Fold as a connected device for now; works as normal

Got the Spigen screen protector and camera lens protector installed as soon as I unboxed it and then straight into the Spigen Slim Armor case (not used the adhesive strips as it fits very tightly and not loose at all)

Running Nova on it for now with Orbis icons pack

So far; very impressed

View attachment 358504View attachment 358505View attachment 358506View attachment 358507View attachment 358508View attachment 358509View attachment 358510View attachment 358511
And welcome to the party over here as well my friend... Happy you got the phone and hope you get to enjoy it

Reactions: Dan_B1979

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
And welcome to the party over here as well my friend... Happy you got the phone and hope you get to enjoy it
Cheers pal - so far very impressed.

I've downloaded all the main apps on to it now that I've got on my iPhone.

Kindle is superb for reading my books & impressed with how Total BMW magazine looks on it too.

I've downloaded MS SwiftKey as its my go to keyboard and it's so, so much better on Android 👌🏼

Looking forward to testing the camera tomorrow whilst I do some work on my BMW.

I'm not really a gamer but have had a spin on Real Racing 3 and that worked really well...

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site

Kindle is superb for reading my books & impressed with how Total BMW magazine looks on it too.

I've downloaded MS SwiftKey as its my go to keyboard and it's so, so much better on Android

I'm not really a gamer but have had a spin on Real Racing 3 and that worked really well...

Ah nice ..you off to a great start ...

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've downloaded MS SwiftKey as its my go to keyboard and it's so, so much better on Android 👌🏼

If you get any interesting photos, please post in the following thread: