I have a OnePlus 2 - Exclusive hands on!

deuxcv

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the oneplus2 will have nfc and wireless charging when all is said and done.

my guess is that it will come in the form of upgrade back covers so they can make $$ for those that want it and still keep the phone price low for those that don't. there is an electrical contact on the back that in my layman's observation might could support these add-ons.

this will make give them another opportunity to make a marketing/company blunder and recover, and in this case come out as the company that listens to their customers and can make quick changes unlike big companies.

i also think that the second sim slot as sd/sim swappable might rear it's head again as an update.

the nfc chip costs less than 5 cents for manufacturers. there is no sound reasoning to leave this out. i can not fathom the decision to omit those things except for the marketing buzz of adding in at the last minute (or even "unlocking" the feature a month or two down the road) in response to customer interest.

the ceo just keeps saying both of those things are bad user experiences and their (early adopter, techie) customers didn't want it. weak and bs answer, only giving more support to my theory.

this theory is in complete character with their past stunts. on the surface, seeming bumbling idiots, but in actuality, brilliant stunts gaining them incredible amounts of media buzz.

mark my words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress