Archos 70 Internet Tablet - Updating System ...

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm still a dummy, when it comes to technology. Have so many questions ....

I've been reading about the newest Android system update, but have seen that many people are having issues .... Some more serious than others ...

I'm hoping that when I do upgrade the system, I won't have to reformat the Archos, and spend tons of time downloading all my (638 apps in all!!!) apps over again .... My files (music, pictures, documents) are all in a folder on my MacPro, so those I can transfer easily.

I want to be careful before I do the upgrade. I've spent a lot of time searching, reading about, and downloading over 600 apps! I would really like to NOT have to download all those apps all over again.

When I first got my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB, I reformatted the device three times! Had to spend a lot of time downloading all my apps over again, and reloading all my files again.

I would like to find someway that I can back-up all of those apps to my MacPro, so if I do need to reformat, I can simply transfer the apps over to the Archos easily, without having to download the apps again.

But .... I do NOT want to do the Root level back-up, because that would void my warranty (I have a three-year extended warranty).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ....

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If I remember right, it's suggested, but not required, to wipe the Archos after an update. You may run into issues if you don't though. You can always use Z4root (I think it works on the Archos) to temp root and backup your apps, then restore them post update and unroot. If you don't want to do that, I think you're out of luck.

Reactions: vja4Him

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, somebody will come up with an app that allows backing up everything without the Root method ....

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully, somebody will come up with an app that allows backing up everything without the Root method ....

I wouldn't bet on it, the problem isn't a lack of app, it's the OS protecting the apps from being stolen. You need a root app to get around the system's protection.

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't bet on it, the problem isn't a lack of app, it's the OS protecting the apps from being stolen. You need a root app to get around the system's protection.

As consumers, we should be able to at least back-up our files, including the apps, just like we do with desktops or laptops.

What happens with all the apps that we buy? Do we have to pay for them again if something happens to the hard drive, or if we have to reformat the HD ....

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
As consumers, we should be able to at least back-up our files, including the apps, just like we do with desktops or laptops.

What happens with all the apps that we buy? Do we have to pay for them again if something happens to the hard drive, or if we have to reformat the HD ....

Paid apps are tied to your Gmail account, so you won't have to buy them again. When you open up the market, you'll have a list of those apps for you to download.

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Paid apps are tied to your Gmail account, so you won't have to buy them again. When you open up the market, you'll have a list of those apps for you to download.

After I erased the hd, I found one of the apps I bought. Didn't have to pay again, as it is marked already paid.

I can't remember the other app I bought though ..... !!!

vishwanath vishu

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
hey can u pls tel me how to format it so that i can install froyo agian... i am not concerned with any data in it... i just want to format to run fresh copy of froyo...

vishwanath vishu

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
hi frnds.... i have an archos 70 internet tablet 8 gb.. i got that from my relation; there is no android os in it write now but it has some other platform running, more specifically it is running an AVAZ project created for mentally ed people.. somehow i got it... but i dnt knw how to format it so that i can run froyo in it...

and wen i press power+volume key as suggested above.. it simply halts to a black screen.. doesn't enter into any mode..

and also wen i connect it to the pc the driver will n't get detected automatically.. so how to deal with it? so that i can connect to the pc..

pls help out.. it has been with me since past one year... but i havn't made a single use of it...

thanks in advance,...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty