My Year in Review 2015

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
At the end of 2014 I made a resolution to only use ONE phone in 2015. That didn't turn out very good. 2015 turned out to be the busiest year yet for me and my smartphones. I am not sure of how many I had, but I did have most of the popular ones at one point during the year and I want to share my thoughts about them.

The only phone that I had the entire year was my 128GB iPhone 6+ in Space Grey. The phone is my daily driver and my connection to my family who spent a lot of time traveling around the world in 2015. The fact that my entire family is 100% Apple gives this phone an unfair advantage, but who ever said life was fair? I did have the 6S+ for a few week and didn't see the value over the 6+. I returned it and will wait for the 7+

The iPhone is just solid, no problems, has all the apps, and the battery is good and works seamless with my iPad Air 2 and MacBook Pro.. no need to go into anymore details.. The only real negative is that it is a little boring

I ran through the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy 6, 6 edge+ in pretty quick order, just a few weeks with each. I am just not a Samsung fan. The Note 5 was the best of the bunch by a mile. The Galaxy 6 was a big disappointment, the 6 Edge + (worst name in history) was beautiful, but I just never warmed up to it.

I went budget for awhile and rolled with a few of the Blu phones and the Windows HD was a great device for the money and I loved it size and crazy colors. I currently have the Vivo LTE and the Studio Energy 2... both very unique phones in their own way. The Vivo is insanely thin but well built, you can hardly tell it is in your pocket and the battery life is very good for a phone that thin. You really have to hold it and touch it to feel the quality and thinness. The Studio Energy 2 has a 5000 mAh battery which gave me almost 3 days of moderate use between charges. It is also very thin for a phone with a monster battery. If money is an issue, you must check out Blu.. They have a ton of choices for not a ton of money.

The Motorola Droid Turbo and the Turbo 2 spent sometime in my pocket in 2015. I loved the original with the ballistic nylon back, but the Turbo 2 was somewhat of a disappointment. Battery and features were OK, but it was just an UGLY phone.

Took the Blackberry Passport for a few trips around the block in 2015 and LOVE the form and the shape. It is amazing and the keyboard was incredible. The learning curve was a little steep but once you got it going it was great. BB10 and the lack of apps were a killer for me. Make me a Passport running Android and you might have my perfect phone. Have not tried the Priv yet, from what I can see and read about it. It is a good phone but way too expensive.

The two LG flagships this year I loved. I was more excited for the LG G4 launch than any phone in many years. I love the size, the leather backs and the batteries and expandable memory. I got the leather backs in about 4 colors and love the slight curve and the feel in my hand. I am rolling with the LG V10 now and love it. The camera is crazy good and really feels like a premium device. The size bothers me a little, as it is very big.

I am writing this without notes and sitting at my kitchen table at 630 am. I am sure that I am forgetting some phones that I had. It was an amazing year for smartphones and I am hoping 2016 is just as good. If I had to pick my favorite phone of the year for 2015 it would have to be the LG G4. It just felt great, looked great, had the features that mean the most to me (camera, Battery, memory). All of these phones have many great features and you can't go wrong with any of them. I hate it when people say "this one sucks or that one is great".. They are ALL good in their own ways. Please pardon the misspelling and grammar mistakes, as this was written as a early morning ramble and not a school paper.

If anyone wants to ask me anything about these phones feel free and now it is onto cup of coffee number 2!!

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow you tried a lot of phones in 2015. I however stuck to only 1 phone throughout 2015.The first gen Moto E. There's not much to say about it other than its a fantastic phone for $100. I will continue to use it in 2016 because i see no reason to upgrade just yet. Also there are hardly any options anyway when it comes to phones under 125mm tall.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Wow you tried a lot of phones in 2015. I however stuck to only 1 phone throughout 2015.The first gen Moto E. There's not much to say about it other than its a fantastic phone for $100. I will continue to use it in 2016 because i see no reason to upgrade just yet. Also there are hardly any options anyway when it comes to phones under 125mm tall.

The thought of keeping ANY phone for an entire year scares me.. I do need to add that I am neither rich or crazy. I handle the cellphones for my company and do not have to pay for any of these phones or the service that goes with them

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The thought of keeping ANY phone for an entire year scares me.. I do need to add that I am neither rich or crazy. I handle the cellphones for my company and do not have to pay for any of these phones or the service that goes with them

I'm glad that you added that detail. We thought you were rich and crazy. :)

Many of us here are the latter, though not the former, when it comes to devices.

Crackle Zap

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I only had 1 phone for 2015: the Samsung Galaxy Mega. I love the huge 6.3" screen! I'm going to keep this phone until Samsung produces one with an even bigger screen!

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Keeping a single phone for a year is crazy?? Poor me can only get a flagship every 2 year. Been using samsung s3 than switched to s5 when it came out. Its been 2 years with my trusty s5. Planned to keep using it for 1-2 more years!

Posted with ❤Love❤

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo