Motorola Webtop coming to Bionic and ALL moto phones

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Sanjay Jha just confirmed that Webtop is coming to all Moto phones! I'm pretty sure my wife is gonna get a moto phone at the end of this year =op

"Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha has confirmed today (via a Morgan Stanley investors report) that Webtop will feature in all of Moto?s high-end handsets from the second half of the year forward."- Droid-life

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Webtop is a great idea in theory but according to alot of Atrix reviews it needs some work as its slow and buggy so far. Of course its a first version so I'm sure new releases will provide improvements and new features. I also wish they had used Chrome as the browser rather than Firefox. I find Chrome faster and lighter weight which could be important with the limited cpu power of a phone.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I was excited about Webtop when I first heard about the Atrix. First effort with the Atrix doesn't seem to live up to my hopes, but later iterations may be better. If things improve, I might end up replacing my EVO (or the successor to my EVO) with a Motorola phone, IF Motorola gets a good phone on Sprint someday!

Like everyone else, I hope that they have a standard dock so that we can use the "laptop" for different phones after updating.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I just hope other carriers don't try to follow AT&T with requiring a tethering plan just to use a keyboard and larger screen.