Question about my Note 10.1 tablet's screen turnoff issues.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't mean screen timeout, I mean right in the middle of doing something, usually gaming. Hitting the power button turns the screen back on, and it only happens if I've been using the tablet for a half hour or more, maybe. Only happened a couple times, but recently, prior to that, nothing's ever happened like this before. Any suggestions?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Could be a battery issue, could be heat. Battery is easily replaced and just because your battery voltage reads ok, doesn't mean it can supply the required current during prolonged gaming. Heat might be fixable too, but never had to investigate it. You might try running Aida64 to check the thermal sensors to see how hot your tablet is getting.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the 2012 version, and I wouldn't know the first thing about replacing the battery, unless you can take the back of this sucker off like a phone?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Any other thoughts on this, or have seen it happen to you? Again, its not like the screen goes 100% black, its like its still lit, but there's nothing on it, and I have to hit the power button to fully turn off the screen, then back again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs