screen timeout during phone calls

saqlawi

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Hi Folks,

My Note 10+ turns the screen black during phone calls; often, in a matter of just a few seconds (5? 10? 30? Guess I really should verify). I know this IS normal, but... how can I set the phone to stop this so-annoying-to-me behavior?
I have to constantly tap the screen to keep it alive; or constantly hit the Power button to RE-awaken the screen. I just want the screen to stay ON for the entire phone call's duration (every call); w/o having to do something special for each call.
I'm not particularly concerned with battery life. As I have my Note configured, it's great on battery (using Dark Mode helps); even though I leave Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location turned ON all the time. Go figure.
I suppose having a Do Not Disturb window setting of 8 hour duration during sleep, and also putting the Note in a Faraday sleeve while sleeping...
might help some, too.
Settings/Display/Screen Timeout is set to the max setting of 10 mins.
Don't want to go the Developer Options route of turning the screen ON permanently.
Don't want to have to Open/Close an app prior to/after each call - just to lock the screen ON during calls.
The phone's factory phone app (stock/Android 10? Or, Samsung UI 2.0? Not sure - looks like a stock Android icon) is the only app I have this issue ongoing with.
Anyone know of an alternative phone app that allows the screen to remain ON for the entire call's duration?
Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks much/input greatly appreciated,
Jim Bauer

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Folks,

My Note 10+ turns the screen black during phone calls; often, in a matter of just a few seconds (5? 10? 30? Guess I really should verify). I know this IS normal, but... how can I set the phone to stop this so-annoying-to-me behavior?
I have to constantly tap the screen to keep it alive; or constantly hit the Power button to RE-awaken the screen. I just want the screen to stay ON for the entire phone call's duration (every call); w/o having to do something special for each call.
I'm not particularly concerned with battery life. As I have my Note configured, it's great on battery (using Dark Mode helps); even though I leave Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Location turned ON all the time. Go figure.
I suppose having a Do Not Disturb window setting of 8 hour duration during sleep, and also putting the Note in a Faraday sleeve while sleeping...
likely also helps some.
Settings/Display/Screen Timeout is set to the max setting of 10 mins.
Don't want to go the Developer Options route of turning the screen ON permanently.
Don't want to have to Open/Close an app prior to/after each call, just to lock the screen ON during calls.
The phone's factory app (stock/Android 10?) is the only issue I have this ongoing with. Anyone know of an alternative phone app that allows the screen to remain ON for the entire call duration?
Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks much/input greatly appreciated,
Jim Bauer
Hi,welcome !

Is this calls when phone to the ear ?

saqlawi

Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Also applies to Speaker phone, yes.
As prev stated, Settings/Display/Screen Timeout is set to the max setting of 10 mins.
Power Saving Mode is set to Optimized. Usually use High Perf. Maybe this is the issue - will reset to High Perf chk it out, and get back.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also applies to Speaker phone, yes.
As prev stated, Settings/Display/Screen Timeout is set to the max setting of 10 mins.
Power Saving Mode is set to Optimized. Usually use High Perf. Maybe this is the issue - will reset to High Perf chk it out, and get back.
Try high performance let me know.

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Use Kinscreen from the Playstore, that will fix the problem. You may have to adjust screen off time in the options "Time screen out" to 120 secs and check the box for while in call on the "keep screen on " area. I like it. I use speaker phone a lot to record all my calls, and it's also helpful when using the key pad. Try it. I use the free version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332