S7 Edge vs my old Xperia Z2.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
First of all, I bought the s7 edge as a pre order and love it. It really is a great phone. I used an xperia z2 before that which I decided to keep as a back up and Walkman. The main reason is because the xperia z2 kicks out better sound than my s7 edge due to having noise cancelling headphones.

Anyway, I recently wiped my xperia z2 clean and started a fresh and since then I'm loving it again despite having the s7 edge. It seems just as fast as my s7 edge now it's been cleared out and I'm finding myself using it around the home more than my actual phone.

Does anyone else do something similar to this with their old phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I've never really had the opportunity to use a Xperia phone before, that's interesting that you are starting to use it more over the S7 edge. What does the Z2 have over the S7 edge in your opinion?

I sold my S7 edge for a LG G5 - haven't regretted it yet :)

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I use my iphone 5c as an ipod, and its there just incase I need a backup phone too. I could see using an older xperia in the same way.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Im using my S6 edge more because of problems I've had with the S7 edge. On my 2nd S7 edge, and same issue. Keeps dropping data connection. No matter what verizon had me do to both S7 edges, nothing worked. Its so unreliable that ive got to take my S6 edge with me when I go out so I can get calls and notifications. Ive never had this issue on any smartphone ever.

Posted via Android Central App

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I think my xperia z2 screen is more pleasing on the eye. It is a 1080p display v the uhd display on my edge but it's not the sharpness. It's the whites. When I look at photos and what not on Facebook or Instagram and have the phones side by side I am drawn to the ones on my xperia z2 because they look more natural.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I am surprised that phone would last so long. How about the battery life for Z2 now?

IMHO its the cellular radios that kill the batteries in aging devices. Or put it this way, if theres ANY amp-hour capacity left in an aged battery the cell radio will surely kill it off. Once the cellular connectivity aspect is terminated, an older device can still work very well as a wifi-only device. Unless of course the OEM battery is so old...