Possiility of selling / trading Galxy S7 Phone

AlexT09

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, long story short, I had a Priv lost it and insurance doesn't have the Priv so I'm getting a refurbished Galaxy S7 from Asurion instead. I would prefer the Nexus 6P or G5. Anyway, if I don't put my sim in the S7 would it be possible to say meet someone at best buy, sell it to them for enough to get the 6p and put our sims in the opposite phones and both work fine? I live in the greater Chicago area now so I imagine there are enough people around here that someone would pay 450 for it, so I'm hoping what i'm wanting to do is possible / allowed. Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, long story short, I had a Priv lost it and insurance doesn't have the Priv so I'm getting a refurbished Galaxy S7 from Asurion instead. I would prefer the Nexus 6P or G5. Anyway, if I don't put my sim in the S7 would it be possible to say meet someone at best buy, sell it to them for enough to get the 6p and put our sims in the opposite phones and both work fine? I live in the greater Chicago area now so I imagine there are enough people around here that someone would pay 450 for it, so I'm hoping what i'm wanting to do is possible / allowed. Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

Sure it's possible. I would assume the phone is locked to your provider though, so whomever you sell it to would need to be on the same provider as you or you would have to pay to unlock it. But yes unlocked someone on the same provider and put there sim in and it works fine.
You don't have to meet at bestbuy you can still put your sim in and sell it later, or when you get home etc.
If it is unlocked already then any sim will work, at least north american providers for sure