bobjacksonfantel

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
At Airpush our Android developers are making $3+ CPM's, but that's for push notification ads and not in-app ads. For in-app ads, ad networks are typically paying sub $.30 for Android and that's Tier1 countries...it goes sub $.10 for tier2 countries.

Push notification ads pay higher since users can view the ads at their own convenience rather than during an app session, which leads to much higher CTR's.

l44l44

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
At Airpush our Android developers are making $3+ CPM's, but that's for push notification ads and not in-app ads. For in-app ads, ad networks are typically paying sub $.30 for Android and that's Tier1 countries...it goes sub $.10 for tier2 countries.

Push notification ads pay higher since users can view the ads at their own convenience rather than during an app session, which leads to much higher CTR's.

Sounds interesting. Might give this a shot.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Are these the people who want to send ads to my notification bar? No sir, not going to fly. Any app using this horrible technology will be instantly uninstalled from my phone and any dev who uses it will never make so much as a single cent from me.

Last edited:

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I saw that the app APNdroid changed to use AirPush and the user response was so negative that Google removed the app from the market. He later removed AirPush Ads and got it back on the Market.

Personally I will never install an app that has AirPush and if an app I use is updated to include it, I will delete that app.

JonJJon

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
This is the type of idea and app that will destroy Android's appeal, adverts clutter our lives as it is in the real world and tech world, and the Notification pane is not a place for them....EVER! It is the essence of the awesome Android OS and should not be cluttered or abused in this way. Keep adverts within the apps that use them, do not bring them into the rest of the Android environment, I won't put up with it neither will a lot of others; the apps that use this will certainly have a huge uninstall rate just look back at APNDroid, and if this got widespread I could see people getting fed up of a ad orientated android experience. I do hope this never ever catches on. It won't ever be found on my phone.

Reactions: johnk300

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I can live with in-app ads, specially in free apps that give me a choice to either stick with the ads, or buy a pay version without them. Start pushing them to my notification window and not only will I delete that app asap, I'll never buy from that developer again until it's gone from every app they produce.

Seriously, it's a bad, bad idea.

Richard Throne

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The Guys who want to monetize their app can go with StartApp as its a better monetization platform because they pay $50 for 1000 App download. The information is available in startapp dot com.:):)

Bowser19

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The new Airpush SDK (I'm talking 5.0) is unbelievable. My CPM yesterday was $9.87 and was hovering around $9.50 all of last week. So things are continuously getting better. So far I am REALLY satisfied with their new SDK and will continue to use them as long as CPM stays consistent like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress