Google Music is Live!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
To be fair to Apple we'll have to see what gets announced at WWDC, but if the reports are true I'm so glad to have Google Music. Apparently Apple did get permission to (later this summer or early fall) launch a system that matches your music (rather than uploading it), but as a concession it will only apply to music bought via iTunes. Since 90% of my music was ripped from my large CD collection, I'd be pissed if I was married to the iTunes ecosystem. Happily I no longer am.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You can start using it as soon as it starts uploading, you just don't have access to all the songs until it is finished.

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You can start using it as soon as it starts uploading, you just don't have access to all the songs until it is finished.

Yeah I know I could but I wanted to wait so that way it could make proper instant mixes with all of my songs as options rather than a couple hundred

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I would like something like airplay, something where I can play a song on my phone but instead of playing on my phone play on the computer, my phone would act like a remote.

Last edited:

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
As of some time last night all my music is now uploaded to both Google Music and Amazon MP3. I've used both to stream over 3G on my phone for a while now, and so far Google Music is more stable. Now with all my music on both I will use them more to truly test which is more stable. At this point though, I give the nod to Google Music, which surprises me a bit since it is in Beta and currently offers way more storage for free.

dr. burgle

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Google Music for about a week now. I have 900 songs uploaded on it and it seems to work great. buffering only takes a second or two and the playlists transition between songs with ease.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My internet went out in the middle of the night and so now I'm showing over 3,000 failed uploads.... Now when I start it it only has a few left to go out of 300 (should be over 4,000). Has anybody had this problem and found a way to restart the failed uploads?

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my invite and uploaded a few songs from my DInc2, but I have been too lazy to start on my music collection of over 7,000 songs due partially to the fact that I keep them on an "offline" computer. The other kicker is figuring out how best to transfer some 300 iTunes files and maintaining the integrity of my playlists (which I assume I can also transfer). Then, it just might be the iPod replacement I have been looking for!

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden my uploading music corrected itself. So the program must take care of the problem on its own....

Still not syncing my playlists properly. I have about 30 songs in a playlist on my phone and the one on my computer on the Google Music website is about 100. I have tried forcing it to sync. Not sure why it doesn't go.

srosenbloom

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Can Google Music Beta play music that is already on my device or do I have to upload it using the Music Manager and then re-download it to my phone?

- Scott

LaTuFu#AC

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear others had to wait a while to get an invite. I sent mine in 8-10 days ago. I guess I'll be waiting a little longer.

Not to wear the tinfoil hat very long, but is anyone at all concerned about Google, Apple, et. al. rushing to get us to upload as much of our "lives" to their clouds as possible?

I kinda like the idea of someone coming up with an app that will let me stream to my phone from a NAS based in my home. At least that way, the data is all mine. When it goes upstream to "the cloud" someone up there has a backdoor.

ygthb

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I can log into google music beta from the laptop, but cant seem to get it from my phone. i had already dl the google music beta, but was just using it as a player, now cant seem to connect it to the cloud storage. help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non