Apples new drop down notifications and Stolen WiFi Sync

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I wonder how long before someone sues them for copying it... At all the new features they announced I was like we already have that on Android lol

Edit: also they seem to have stolen this devs app

Apple Steals Devs App

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pisses me off they stole it.

You mean like how androids GUI was pretty much a copy of ios in its original form?

Look, there's only so many ways to do notifications, and there's only so many ways to design a GUI for a touchscreen device. We should all be flattered apple borrowed the design for their revised OS, and leave it at that.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LesMiserables

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Everyone steals from everyone. I don't have a big problem with what Apple did, as software companies have been doing this since the beginning of time. They just need to stop acting like everything they think up is revolutionary, and stop suing everyone who takes "inspiration" from their products just like they did with all these new "features" today.

I don't want any suing to result from this, but I do admit it will be nice to see them get some of their own medicine. I'm also happy that Apple fans finally get features we have been enjoying since 1.6, now let's all be civil and enjoy our respective platforms.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love people who blame Apple for copying when Android actually copied the iphone from the start. LOL If it wasn't for the iphone and the ideas it had, Android, Web OS, Win 7, etc would not be out today. So stfu with that crap.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love people who blame Apple for copying when Android actually copied the iphone from the start. LOL If it wasn't for the iphone and the ideas it had, Android, Web OS, Win 7, etc would not be out today. So stfu with that crap.

It was big, but not nearly as revolutionary as you think it was. Many of their "ideas" were already present in other devices.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It was big, but not nearly as revolutionary as you think it was. Many of their "ideas" were already present in other devices.

What's the use of dozens of good ideas spread throughout multiple devices that are only mediocre? (hint: that's why blackberries suck.)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Whether Apple took ideas or not doesn't matter. They took an idea and ran with it. They were successfully running for several years before someone was able to catch up and hold their own. That's what really matters and now Android has more than posed a threat.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Whether Apple took ideas or not doesn't matter. They took an idea and ran with it. They were successfully running for several years before someone was able to catch up and hold their own. That's what really matters and now Android has more than posed a threat.

The real question now, is what's next for Android. Apple's pretty much got feature parity now (on stock systems, mind you), so how is Google going to differentiate Android?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The real question now, is what's next for Android. Apple's pretty much got feature parity now (on stock systems, mind you), so how is Google going to differentiate Android?

I think it will just depend on the needs we will have in the future (i.e. using your phone to control home appliances like that one demo).

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Google needs to learn from RIM and constantly be innovating to avoid falling behind. Blackberry is taking a dive because they rode the familiar for too long. With iOS 5 apple has caught up on a few key features, and ICS needs to be huge to avoid losing ground.

UI overhall, BBM(or similar)... In today's market you can't afford to fall behind.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it will just depend on the needs we will have in the future (i.e. using your phone to control home appliances like that one demo).

Exactly. Google will need to focus on the consumer needs and keep innovating. Using phones for more than we do now may be key.

Google needs to learn from RIM and constantly be innovating to avoid falling behind. Blackberry is taking a dive because they rode the familiar for too long. With iOS 5 apple has caught up on a few key features, and ICS needs to be huge to avoid losing ground.

UI overhall, BBM(or similar)... In today's market you can't afford to fall behind.

Agreed. Blackberry needs to continue evolving just like Palm eventually did. Except for Palm it was a tad bit late an they didn't seem to have a big push.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress