Multiple processes open

MGW1138

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have had Chromecast for a week and love it. I noticed this morning that when launching Chrome I have 11 processes (chrome.exe *32 - total about 900K) open in task manager. I don't recall ever seeing that many. Killing them individually and rebooting did nothing. Am I disconnecting from the TV and creating "ghost orphans" that never go away. I don't want to have to re-install Chrome if they continue to grow.

Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had Chromecast for a week and love it. I noticed this morning that when launching Chrome I have 11 processes (chrome.exe *32 - total about 900K) open in task manager. I don't recall ever seeing that many. Killing them individually and rebooting did nothing. Am I disconnecting from the TV and creating "ghost orphans" that never go away. I don't want to have to re-install Chrome if they continue to grow.

Thanks
its not chromecast thing.. Its a Chrome thing!!!! Its designed that way.

so Chrome runs each plugin and tabs in individual process so that if one tab crashes it wont affect other tabs.
or if one plugin crashes it wont bring down the whole page.

there is also security advantage to this. if a rouge app try to get to one process it wont have access to other process. its much more secure this way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89