Help please!

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my chromecast today. Tried setting it up using my transformer pad infinity and was having trouble. So while I was walking the dogs my girlfriend set it up using her iPhone. No problems at all. However I still can't get my Moto X or transformer pad to work with it. At first it couldn't find any chromecasts in the wifi so we reset the router then was able to see it however it wanted me to set it up again. It's still all setup and working via the iPhone but I can't get anywhere with android. PLEASE HELP!

Posted via Android Central App

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to set it up on each device. Try going on to netlfix or YouTube with the device and see if it works there

A profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I ? I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I had to set it up using my roommates iPad and then was able to use it with my devicd

A profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I ? I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I didn't think so but there are no cast buttons on YouTube, play music, or Netflix while using my Moto. Currently playing Pandora with it using her iPhone :-(

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
This may sound like a stupid question but are you logged into the same WiFi network?

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Forget the chromecast app. What about the Netflix, YouTube etc are they the latest version

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
There was a topic when it first came out about changing the phones setting via root

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
It was a problem with Bionics and razrs

VectorRoll

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Man this Chromecast was throwing me for a loop. Thanks to this thread I figured out how to get it working on my Transformer. So I wanted to say thanks to all of you in this thread for discussing it.

I was so frustrated with it. I to could not get it to setup with my ASUS Transformer TF300t. I actually had to set it up with my DroidX. You know the first DroidX. Chromecast works like a charm on that phone. Didn't think it would since using an HDMI cable does not work well with it. But Chromecast does work and very well. :)
Anyways after I set it up on that and know that it works I went back to the Transformer to set it up their. Needless to say that was my problem. I did not have to set it up at all for it. The thing is that I was under the impression that I had to set it up on each device and from what the Chromecast App was saying that seemed to be the impression it gives. When you start up the App it either says "No Chromecast Found" or it will find the Chromecast and then say something under it along the lines of "Seems like you need to setup this device" if I remember correctly. It would also disconnect my Tablet's WiFi Connection from the Router. The whole thing was driving me crazy.

So... I searched and search all over the Internet and Chromes Help Site to figure it out. It was not until I came across this thread and saw what you all said that got me to just try the other Apps. Once I did that they played. Also after doing that the Chromecast App on the tablet no longer says that it needs to be setup, that is when it see it. Now it just either see it or doesn't but in both cases it works regardless if it finds it or not in the App. I in fact do not even need to bring up the Chromecast App. I guess it runs in the background or something. Anyways it doesn't matter now. I just have to open up something like Netflix, YouTube, or whatever and hit the Icon to have it play on the TV.

Well Thanks again everyone. This thread was helpful. :)
Now I am enjoying the heck out of it. Chromecast is such a great purchase. I also love the price point they set it at as well. Very affordable. Around the same price as some HDMI cables. I think Google may make a killing off of it.

Well off to watching some shows. :)

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Well Thanks again everyone. This thread was helpful. :)
Now I am enjoying the heck out of it. Chromecast is such a great purchase. I also love the price point they set it at as well. Very affordable. Around the same price as some HDMI cables. I think Google may make a killing off of it.

Well off to watching some shows. :)

If you are paying that much for HDMI cables then you are paying too much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95