can i play local movies in my hard to chromecast ?

Hussam Ahmed1

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone

actually i am looking about how i can do that by the best way to make this piece the wonder one in the world

anyway i followed these links:

Chromecast - How to Cast your Local Files - YouTube
and
Google Chromecast Playing Movies From Your Hard drive - YouTube

but i want to add subtitle to my movies unforchantly it doesn't work even it is inside the file of the movie !!

the questions now are:

how comes the subtitle going to work at the moment you cast the video?

is there any update from google to support or to casting local videos very well with subtitle ?

thanks for all

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The chromecast gets better every day. I had no idea you could play movies from the hard drive like that. This was well worth $35! I'm going to need two more for my other tv's.

Posted via Android Central App

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the subtitle is not really "in" the video. It is part of the encoding or something. The chromecast extension is not seeing or decoding the subtitle. It is the same with audio too. Sometime people play mp4 files and only see the video and no audio because chromecast is not reading certain type of audio encoding.

Have you tried casting the desktop (under chromecast option experimental)? It will probably show you the subtitle, but it won't have any audio. :p

Hussam Ahmed1

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The chromecast gets better every day. I had no idea you could play movies from the hard drive like that. This was well worth $35! I'm going to need two more for my other tv's.

anyway many thanks for ur reply and by the way i don't open it my chromecast yet even i have sure from my point LOOOL

- - - Updated - - -

anyway many thanks for ur reply and by the way i don't open it my chromecast yet even i have sure from my point LOOOL

Hussam Ahmed1

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the subtitle is not really "in" the video. It is part of the encoding or something. The chromecast extension is not seeing or decoding the subtitle. It is the same with audio too. Sometime people play mp4 files and only see the video and no audio because chromecast is not reading certain type of audio encoding.

Have you tried casting the desktop (under chromecast option experimental)? It will probably show you the subtitle, but it won't have any audio. :p

i have face this problem in some of videos the audio cannot reading but in others it is reading also the audio

and i don't tried before to casting the desktop because i don't open it till i certain from my point otherwise i'll return chromecast because it doesn't useful for my needy ;) although i trust at developers of google will give us on new update include on new features soon :)

thanks alot for ur reply lostchild .

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi @all,

I'm new to chromecast, can you please share with us the link or the name of those audio converter for mvk that you are using on this video playback.? I don't see it on Google store.
Thank you for those 2 important videos for a noob like me.

thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87