Casting, Streaming, From My Moto G Smartphone

shkarst

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Good morning group.

A couple of days ago I bought a Chromecast HD at WalMart to turn our bedroom 32" TV into a Smarttv.

We have enjoyed a couple of movies streaming from Prime Video, casting from my Chromebook, but would Ike to free up my CB, for other purposes while using the TV, so I tried casting from my Moto G phone, going into, "Google Home," setting it to CAST to the Chromecast, and it works, except for one issue. The following is all the Mirroring I see from the phone, and going into any setting in GOOGLE HOME, or Display setting, nowhere, can I get the phone to stream full screen on the TV. Nor can I find a setting in the Chromecast's settings regarding the image size. Any idea, HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP, PLEASE :) :

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-20 9.20.55 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 9.20.55 AM.png
    945.6 KB · Views: 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Marketplace Feedback forum (not sure why it was there) to the Moto G forum.

Instead of initiating the cast from the Google Home app, do it from the Prime Video app. There should be a Cast icon at the upper right of the app.

shkarst

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I moved this from the Marketplace Feedback forum (not sure why it was there) to the Moto G forum.

Instead of initiating the cast from the Google Home app, do it from the Prime Video app. There should be a Cast icon at the upper right of the app.

Thank you, I actually figured that out later on my own, with the help of Googling.

Sorry about the wrong forum. This may be the first time I actually posted something in this Grp. :)
Thanks again :)

Reactions: B. Diddy

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, I actually figured that out later on my own, with the help of Googling.

Sorry about the wrong forum. This may be the first time I actually posted something in this Grp. :)
Thanks again :)
Hi can you share your fix ? Might help others if you don't mind.