Chromecast: what's the best casting app for a phone to show pics / slideshows

dan smartt

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
It seems all the choices currently are really wonky especially with home made videos - terrible lag, wrong orientation etc etc..

Anybody find any good ones or do we just have to wait until Google bakes this into android!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: what's the best casting app for a phone to show pics / slideshows

It seems all the choices currently are really wonky especially with home made videos - terrible lag, wrong orientation etc etc..

Wrong orientation is a issue with how the user recorded it. Not a casting problem.

I think allot of users like really cloud player

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

dan smartt

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: what's the best casting app for a phone to show pics / slideshows

Funny to blame the user, when the video / picture plays in proper orientation on the phone.

Just a cop out to poor coding or hardware that doesn't support just mirroring the pic.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If the file is created with the wrong orientation on the phone. It will look right on the phone. Try putting the files on a computer and see if you have to flip or rotate them.

User error is very often the problem.

I had to craft a video for a party a while ago. It is good I have a nice video editing software because almost every video clip had to be flipped or rotated. All of them were from mobile devices. Just because it looks right on the phone doesn't mean it is encoded properly.

So yes, the user did it. Not intentionally but they did.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Last edited:

dan smartt

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Well I am glad dev don't share your blame the user mentality.

Localcast allows reorienting videos & pics in its latest update , plus adding zooming etc..

Localcast is a free app works great now!

That Dev who puts out all cast should be ashamed to charge for that half baked buggy mess!

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I am glad you found a app that will do the reorientation for you.

Did you ever try your video or pics on your computer?

My point was never to place blame, but to explain it was a content problem not the CC. You can call that poor programing if you want. The question is who's poor programing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer