Is good Chromecast for me?

Razaqadri

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
In my country there's no such thing as Netflix, Hulu
Only some apps like YouTube works.
Does it work well with offline streaming?
So is Chromecast worth it for me?
because I have to ask my uncle who lives in America to send it to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I would say no, it won't be good for you. Offline casting isn't where it should be and the chromecast really shines with apps like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube. With only one out of the three apps, I personally wouldn't go out of your way to get one. That's my opinion of course

Posted via Android Central App

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't write it off completely, particularly if you have a reasonable collection of personal media on a PC - Plex works pretty well with the Chromecast and is a good way to cast video and music (not so great at photos) from a PC/NAS, as well as a goods way of accessing that content on your mobile device when away from home. I pretty much only use Plex, Youtube, Dayframe (for photos from device and G+) and BubbleUPNP (for casting media local on the device, streams from Chrome/Firefox), although in the last few days have tried out uploading some of my music to Google Play Music and am trying that out (mainly interested in the great playlisting functions in GPM).

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree with the above plex comment. I use it allot, and it does work pretty good.

It is also difficult to say if it is any good for you since we don't know what other streaming devices/services may be available.

I would say if there are alternatives that are fully featured for your region then they are most likely a better fit. I just got a new smart tv and after going through the features I am amazed at how many functions are not allowed in the US. Allot of them are about streaming and recording of content locally on the tv. So I would ask what are your other options.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress