"Casting Screen to <Chromecast Name> has failed" with Nexus 10

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a chromecast connected to my Denon receiver. I can cast YouTube videos so i know the CC is set up correctly. However, when i try to cast my screen i get the error "Casting Screen to Chromecast20 has failed". This happens with the native cast button as well as with the app. I can not get my screen to mirror. I rebooted the tablet and the chromecast with no luck. I also reset the CC to factory and redid everything, still get the same error. :mad:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
What OS are you running? Are you rooted? What version Google Play Services? Do you have "Enable wireless display" checked in settings?

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
What OS are you running? Are you rooted? What version Google Play Services? Do you have "Enable wireless display" checked in settings?

Stock Nexus 10 android 4.4.4. No root. Latest Google play services as far as I know. I can check the version later. 5.0.84 is what i think it was.I dont know if enable wireless display was checked. Where is that located?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Stock Nexus 10 android 4.4.4. No root. Latest Google play services as far as I know. I can check the version later. 5.0.84 is what i think it was.I dont know if enable wireless display was checked. Where is that located?

The Play Services version is good if that is what it has. What firmware version do you have onthe CC? It wasn't updated when this feature came out but just to make sure you're not stuck on an old one. Mine is 17250. Here you can see instructions for the display setting: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2865484?hl=en

For testing, see if it makes a difference to connect the Chromecast directly to the TV. I don't have a Nexus 10. Mirroring works well on my Note 3 with 4.4.2 and the above Play Services and firmware. I'm using the Chromecast app version 1.7.4.

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried it on a different TV directly connected and it worked. The video was very poor quality. Not sure why it wouldn't work through the receiver.