Got the google home for Christmas

John55bt

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Got google home for Christmas loving it so far. But it will not read a book to me or when I hey Google how do you say hello in Island or Scotland it tells me I do not speak that language yet. But it will do other languages with no problem: does anyone know if google home will be able to do this any time son ? can anyone please tell me where to look to make sure my google home unit software is up-to-date? My father Is really has a hard time hearing things do not think the volume on the google home unit i it is allowed enough for him to hear the answers from the google home. does anyone know if I can hook up Bluetooth speakers to google home two hands the volume for him to here it? Thank you for any help on this

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It can't read books, not sure if/when that's planned. My guess is they'll add new languages as quickly as possible. Scotland speaks English though right? So maybe you need to be more specific with the language if others are working. It's probably confused. Google Home will update on its own in the background, not really a reason to look since you can't force an update. And lastly, no, you can't connect it to Bluetooth. You can only use the speaker that it came with. Hope that info helps.

John55bt

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi Richard Servello sorry in Gaelic my mother is Irish. we're trying to ask google home how to say hello in other words in Gaelic but it's tells us I don't speak that language yet. Thank you

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Richard Servello sorry in Gaelic my mother is Irish. we're trying to ask google home how to say hello in other words in Gaelic but it's tells us I don't speak that language yet. Thank you
That's what I was wondering about the being specific. If you're saying In Gaelic and not Scotland, they may just not have added it yet. I haven't seen a way to request features yet, but my guess is that they're working on it.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was wondering about the being specific. If you're saying In Gaelic and not Scotland, they may just not have added it yet. I haven't seen a way to request features yet, but my guess is that they're working on it.
To send request or suggestions just say hey good Google, send feedback and tell it what u want

John55bt

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
stevenmc8602 thank you just did what you told me to do. Google home asked me what needs to be improved and I told google home says thank you for the feedback. I wish I could figure out how to use TuneIn radio and set up my calendar on google home for some reason cannot figure on how to do that yet.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
stevenmc8602 thank you just did what you told me to do. Google home asked me what needs to be improved and I told google home says thank you for the feedback. I wish I could figure out how to use TuneIn radio and set up my calendar on google home for some reason cannot figure on how to do that yet.

tunein usually work if you just say "play "station number"" and u can't add to your calendar yet with google home

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Got google home for Christmas loving it so far. But it will not read a book to me or when I hey Google how do you say hello in Island or Scotland it tells me I do not speak that language yet. But it will do other languages with no problem: does anyone know if google home will be able to do this any time son ? can anyone please tell me where to look to make sure my google home unit software is up-to-date? My father Is really has a hard time hearing things do not think the volume on the google home unit i it is allowed enough for him to hear the answers from the google home. does anyone know if I can hook up Bluetooth speakers to google home two hands the volume for him to here it? Thank you for any help on this

You can't do Bluetooth speakers, and I actually don't think you would want to. It's designed to work with Chromecast audio, and the experience is amazing. The interface is as good as Sonos, but it's actually more flexible, and at a fraction of the cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress