Best Launcher to use on N1 ADW or Launcher Pro?

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering what most of you use for your launchers I was using Launch pro for awhile but decided to give ADW a try and I have got to say I am liking ADW more, but anyways what are most of you N1 users using atm for your launcher and what do you like about it compared to the other?

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I hated ADW. I really like Laucher Pro. It's a smooth looking launcher with some features. I never really quite "got" ADW - what did it have over stock aside from being able to switch the App drawer's orientation and having a gazillion editable settings that in the end, didn't do much to change anything?

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I hated ADW. I really like Laucher Pro. It's a smooth looking launcher with some features. I never really quite "got" ADW - what did it have over stock aside from being able to switch the App drawer's orientation and having a gazillion editable settings that in the end, didn't do much to change anything?
Don't wanna sound like a smartass, but if that's "all" ADW does then what makes LauncherPro so different? They're similar in many ways. I've used and liked both but prefer ADW. All the settings change how you interact with the home screen. For example, you can set the home button to either go to your default home panel or show the 5-screen previews. You can add up to 15(?) apps to a hidden bar along the bottom edge of the screen. You can hide the status bar. You can change what swipe up and swipe down do. You can hide the text on home screen app shortcuts. You can change the app drawer column/row numbers, etc. etc. etc. It really has a lot of options and you have to play around with it to appreciate all the settings.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I was using LauncherPro Plus until yesterday. It doesn't seem to play well with CyanogenMod 6 RC3. ADW is the default launcher o CM6 and it seems to work very nicely, but I'm missing some nice features from LauncherPro. Mainly the scrollable dockbar and custom Sense-ish widgets.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I was using LauncherPro Plus until yesterday. It doesn't seem to play well with CyanogenMod 6 RC3. ADW is the default launcher o CM6 and it seems to work very nicely, but I'm missing some nice features from LauncherPro. Mainly the scrollable dockbar and custom Sense-ish widgets.

LPP works perfectly fine for me with CM6 RC3. What issues are you experiencing?

And between the two (ADW or LP), I definitely prefer LP. ADW is nice but LP just feels better to me. Although, it's personal preference. I recommend trying them both and seeing which works best for you.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm finding that LPP stutters and FC's more often in CM6 RC3 than in the two previous versions. If it's just me then I will spend some time trying to work around with it before using ADW, which I like less.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I may start playing a bit more with it as I go along. It might be the new widgets that are causing the slowdowns and stutters.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
So LauncherPro Plus has started working better with CM6 RC3. No more FC's after tweaking the settings. It does stutter when zooming out to screen previews. Aside from that scrolling is perfect and the included widgets are great.

MitchRapp

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Definitely Launcher Pro ... I bought it the first day I got it. I was that impressed.

And the creator keeps adding more and more! I find a lot of the widgets to be too big for me but I use the BOOKMARKS one for sure. Maybe I'll use the facebook widget once it's released !

Worth it guys... and I think it's only 2 bucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez