How are you carrying your Nexus ?

misha24

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
BestSkinsEver for front and Case-mate tough case for the rest. Very nice case. Its a hybrid of hard outer shell and silicone inner shell

Mike

TaurenSnake

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus One arrives tomorrow and I am outfitting it with Zagg Invisible Shield for the screen and a custom picture Zagg skins for the exterior.

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus One arrives tomorrow and I am outfitting it with Zagg Invisible Shield for the screen and a custom picture Zagg skins for the exterior.

When did you order your Nexus !, Im going to order mine on Thursday and just want to see how long its going to take to get to me.

TaurenSnake

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine at like 5am central on Friday the 26th and it shipped that day. To bad their overnight delivery doesn't include weekends.

Last edited:

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I fit in the category of owning cases for a phone I do not have yet. (Waiting for the Verizon N1)

I normally do not like phone cases. I want to be able to slide my phone into a dock and I also have a proclip mount for my car. However I still feel the need to have a case when I go out. After reading many reviews I purchased a Case Mate Tough case. I also have a Seidio Innocase II for more everyday use. I feel that the Seidio will allow me to easily remove the case for dock and holder mounting, while eliminating the need for an invisible shield type film for the back and sides. I also have a screen protector from ForeverFitters. ForeverFitters seem to have the same quality as the more expensive screen protectors at a fraction of the price. I also prefer this type of screen protector over the sticky feeling, orange peel invisible shield type.

I'll be able to post my findings once I actually get my phone.

thevoiceless

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
To those of you using the sleeve the N1 comes with: Do you keep the phone in the sleeve in your pocket? Isn't that a bit of a hassle to get out when you need it?

misha24

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I fit in the category of owning cases for a phone I do not have yet. (Waiting for the Verizon N1)

I normally do not like phone cases. I want to be able to slide my phone into a dock and I also have a proclip mount for my car. However I still feel the need to have a case when I go out. After reading many reviews I purchased a Case Mate Tough case. I also have a Seidio Innocase II for more everyday use. I feel that the Seidio will allow me to easily remove the case for dock and holder mounting, while eliminating the need for an invisible shield type film for the back and sides. I also have a screen protector from ForeverFitters. ForeverFitters seem to have the same quality as the more expensive screen protectors at a fraction of the price. I also prefer this type of screen protector over the sticky feeling, orange peel invisible shield type.

I'll be able to post my findings once I actually get my phone.

I am using the Case-mate tough. Nice case.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Blue Harbor belt holster that I was using for my iPhone. It fits perfectly!
Amazon $19
"BlueHarbor Lambskin Leather Case with Rotating Clip for Apple iPhone 3G 3GS"

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
Be prepared to damage your device.

Wrong. I carry my N1 unprotected in my pocket and have carried all of my prior phones (including 3 different iPhones over 3 years) this way and have had ZERO problems and ZERO scratches. You just need to use some common sense... If you make sure it's the only thing in your pocket and don't carry change / keys in the same pocket it will be just fine.

ekoulak

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Wrong. I carry my N1 unprotected in my pocket and have carried all of my prior phones (including 3 different iPhones over 3 years) this way and have had ZERO problems and ZERO scratches. You just need to use some common sense... If you make sure it's the only thing in your pocket and don't carry change / keys in the same pocket it will be just fine.

Good point but I remember reading a while back that the nexus one shouldn't be in your pocket because the screen cracks. I don't know how true that is though. Another thing is you can prevent your keys from sharing the same pocket with your phone but you can't prevent sand. That does damage to the screen.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Was about to say something similar. I've had iPhones since September '08 and never used a case and my phone was always fine.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Good point but I remember reading a while back that the nexus one shouldn't be in your pocket because the screen cracks. I don't know how true that is though. Another thing is you can prevent your keys from sharing the same pocket with your phone but you can't prevent sand. That does damage to the screen.

That was one freak story. I've heard more cases about iPhones blowing up than nexus screens breaking. **** just happens sometimes.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
This just came in the mail today and I'm very happy with it. I got an all black case. I know my device is going to stay scratch free and in mint condition. It's a silicone and hard rubber hybrid combination, comes in two pieces and adds little bulk.
Do you keep it in your pocket or on your belt? If you keep it in your pocket does the case allow the phone to slide in and out easily? I have an Otter box on my iPhone and while it's a great case it's a pain at times to get out of my pocket.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As per a suggestion of another forum member I ordered two Clarivue screen protectors; one for the Nexus One (a phone I don't have yet) and one for my iPod Touch.

I recently shied away from the Invisible Shield type screen protectors. I wanted something clearer and more smooth to the touch. Clarivue seemed to fit those needs albeit a tad more expensive than other alternatives, (ForeverFitters comes to mind.)

So onto the installation to my iPod Touch. Install was much easier than Invisible Shield. No application spray needed. Since Clarivue is hard, (not rubbery/stretchy like the Invisible Shield) lining up the protector was a simple.

My only complaint is that Clarivue's protectors are slightly undersized. This is even stated on their website. I understand their reasoning for this but it feels unnecessary.

Conclusion: Initially the Clarivue felt very tacky when sliding a finger across the screen. I found a quick cleaning with lens/window cleaner made it smooth as glass. Another downside of this type of protector is they scratch very easily. This is why most brands send you two or more protectors. Overall I'm happy with this product but will try ForeverFitters' offering soon as they appear to be the exact same product at a fraction of the cost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty