Question Double tap functionality difference in browser on different devices

lennie054

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi all, I have got a question about the double tap functionality in browsers on android. As a event network engineer I used to haul around a laptop on sites as big as several football fields to configure and test switches and other equipment. Since I can do the same with my phone, a few apps and a ethernet or serial adapter this saves me a lot of carrying around. I primarily use an ssh/terminal app which works great. But for some switches its sometimes easier and quicker to use a browser. Now to my point; Using Firefox on a galaxy tab s7fe, I can double tap on items to edit them. A popup screen appears, and I can edit the parameters. This works as expected. But doing the same on a galaxy s23 ultra phone it just zooms in and out on the page. So I am unable to edit any parameters. It does this on all browsers I tried on the s23u, so it seems to be something to do with android. Both devices have ui6.0 installed and firefox is up to date on both devices. Is this a limitation or a setting somewhere? Anyone know why there is a difference in behavior and maybe how to get this working on a s23? Would be really nice to get this to work. Tablet is lighter than my laptop, but still doesn't fit in my pocket.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This may not do anything, but try using the Desktop Site option in the browser menu on the phone, since that would be one of the main differences between the phone and the tablet -- the latter's user agent would default to showing the desktop site, while the phone shows the mobile version.

lennie054

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I should have mentioned that I already tried the desktop site option. This doesn't change the behavior. Tried in different browsers, and also on different galaxy s phones. Tried in Firefox, Chrome, opera, brave, Firefox beta, duckgo.. even in edge.. all the same behavior. Can't find any option in android itself either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What site are you using where the double-tap works? I assume it's a site related to work, so I won't be able to test it myself. But can you find a similar kind of site that anyone can use, where the double-tap does work? If so, let us know which site that is so we can try to test that as a reference.

bostontecalo

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
Navigate to Settings > Accessibility and ensure that there are no settings enabled that might interfere with double-tap functionality. Look for options related to gestures or screen interactions. If you haven't done it already.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos