AT&T and the Nexus One

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Yup I did it. I went to T-Mobile store today and ported my number. On wifi, I definitely think Nexus One is faster than iPhone 3G, but it was pretty close with 3GS. There's no way edge will be faster than 3G.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I may be cracking and picking up a N1 to use on AT&T. Verizon is not being so kind to me lately while AT&T is still rock solid. WiFi don't let me down now...

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I may be cracking and picking up a N1 to use on AT&T. Verizon is not being so kind to me lately while AT&T is still rock solid. WiFi don't let me down now...
Come on Jeremy, turn to the darkside. :D

Seriously, you will not be disappointed by WiFi performance. EDGE is what it is, but on WiFi this thing really shows what it's capable of.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
OK never mind, ordered.
Cool man. I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on the device. It was easy for me to be impressed coming from a Blackberry so an unbiased review from someone who is used to more devices should be interesting and informative. Hope you enjoy the Nexus as much as I have. :)

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Cool man. I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on the device. It was easy for me to be impressed coming from a Blackberry so an unbiased review from someone who is used to more devices should be interesting and informative. Hope you enjoy the Nexus as much as I have. :)

I'll be sure to report back tomorrow.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
OK, maybe I was a little hard on it being EDGE only... it's really not that bad. Between wifi at work and home the time in between with EDGE is actually faster than I thought it to be. My iPhone 3GS screams on 3G but my Moto Droid on Verizon 3G was a dog and not because of the Droid but because my Verizon service is not the best.

(If anyone is interested in a Moto Droid in perfect shape shoot me a PM. Parting ways with it.)

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
OK, maybe I was a little hard on it being EDGE only... it's really not that bad. Between wifi at work and home the time in between with EDGE is actually faster than I thought it to be. My iPhone 3GS screams on 3G but my Moto Droid on Verizon 3G was a dog and not because of the Droid but because my Verizon service is not the best.

(If anyone is interested in a Moto Droid in perfect shape shoot me a PM. Parting ways with it.)
Congrats on the new toy, Jeremy.:) Be prepared not to be able to put it down for a couple of weeks. I STILL can't stop playing with mine.:)

When they come out with an AT&T 3G capable version we're going to be in heaven.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Congrats on the new toy, Jeremy.:) Be prepared not to be able to put it down for a couple of weeks. I STILL can't stop playing with mine.:)

Thanks. Yeah, this one will then go to my girlfriend who is on T-Mobile if she wants it. It will either be this or a new iPhone come this summer for her. And I'll pick one of those up as well. :)

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
ahhh. i was swapping my phone left and right like you guys do.. but now i'm on a bet... i gotta stick with N1 for at least one year straight!!!

maybeN1_shy

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

So with the N1 works well on att nework even without the 3g.. I think I want one but don't want to get it and not like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana