Buying a Nexus One, yes or no ?

Should i buy the N1 ?

• Total voters

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's amazing and I wish all the best for u, but u didn't see any serious issues ? Or issues that affect the call quality or anythin like mms not working, or how abt the battery life ? .. If u have any difficulties u didn't mention please share and thanx bro :D

All the difficulties I had were of my own doing. DOH!

Installed K-9Mail with the original mail client still configured. They got in a big fight and battery life took a tumble. De-configured and removed all data from the original mail client, and problem solved. (I hesitate to de-install it totally. Maybe thats just fear of the unknown).

Call Quality perfect so far. (Strong 3G area).
mms works, sending and receiving.
Battery life about the same as my iPhone. (Charge time is longer. Go figure!).

But I literally yanked my sim out of my iPhone, slapped it into the Nexus one, and was up and running. Logged into google and it was all good.

I'm on AT&T. You should drop in to their store and tell them you have moved on from your iPhone if you had one. No difference in plan cost, but they revert your plan to use the "Dumb" version of voice mail rather than Visual Voice mail. In any event, the Nexus one will allow you to use Google Voice as your voice mail if you have an account.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely looking forward to Nexus One coming to Verizon. I'd really like it if it dropped sometime next week, after all the Incredible preorders are set. Any inside info on a release date?

;)

ant

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
had mine for about 2 weeks now and love it. it feels really good in your hand, so try to play with one. you will be sold!

pirate_777

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
All the difficulties I had were of my own doing. DOH!

Installed K-9Mail with the original mail client still configured. They got in a big fight and battery life took a tumble. De-configured and removed all data from the original mail client, and problem solved. (I hesitate to de-install it totally. Maybe thats just fear of the unknown).

Call Quality perfect so far. (Strong 3G area).
mms works, sending and receiving.
Battery life about the same as my iPhone. (Charge time is longer. Go figure!).

But I literally yanked my sim out of my iPhone, slapped it into the Nexus one, and was up and running. Logged into google and it was all good.

I'm on AT&T. You should drop in to their store and tell them you have moved on from your iPhone if you had one. No difference in plan cost, but they revert your plan to use the "Dumb" version of voice mail rather than Visual Voice mail. In any event, the Nexus one will allow you to use Google Voice as your voice mail if you have an account.

Thanx bro really appreciate ur help and that does eliminate some worries i might have in the N1, ya and abt AT&T and US carriers unfortunately im not in the US im from UAE/Dubai and here we have no official dealer for the N1 which leaves me totally responsible for any issues i might or might not face in the N1 :p but we do have sellers here who sell the N1 and people do use it, but still our country is not supported by Google and its not official here :(

pirate_777

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
had mine for about 2 weeks now and love it. it feels really good in your hand, so try to play with one. you will be sold!

Wow thanx, yea its more comfortable than holding the Iphone cause of its bulkiness and uncomfortable edgy corners. Thanx for the comment bro ;)

but how is it when talking on the fone ? cause i noticed in the Iphone the uncomfortable feeling when u put ur ears to talk for a long time, how does that feel on the N1 ? is it as irritating as the Iphone or thats ruled out on the N1 ?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
@Pirate_777

I've noticed that the N1 gets hotter than my old iPhone while talking for a long time.
That is about the only issue I've seen with regard to actually making phone calls.

It takes longer to charge too, which suggests they have a more conservative charging chip than the iPhone, which should lead to better battery longevity, but can still be annoying when you want to go somewhere and the battery is low.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Ive had mine for a month now and i came over from sprints htc hero and i love this phone by far the best phone ive ever had and ive even had the iphone. I love android and what you can do with there phones. I dont root my phones i just use them stock and it can do so much stuff that im constintly doing things that i dindnt think it could do. Ive had no problems with it at all. The bottom buttons are a little off but one you know where to push them they work all the time. I say get it and you will love it.

M

maldonaon

Just want to ask what is the best between the two gadgets because I am planning to buy a gadget like this. Honestly I have already decided to buy an iphone when suddenly google release its new Gadget which is Nexus and now I iam puzzled.

Can Somebody help me here...tnx

pirate_777

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
@Pirate_777

I've noticed that the N1 gets hotter than my old iPhone while talking for a long time.
That is about the only issue I've seen with regard to actually making phone calls.

It takes longer to charge too, which suggests they have a more conservative charging chip than the iPhone, which should lead to better battery longevity, but can still be annoying when you want to go somewhere and the battery is low.

That's good news icebike, ya some phones do heat up after u talk for a while and that's bad but its not a huge issue aslong as the sound qaulity and signal are good. Thanx for sharing icebike :D

pirate_777

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Just want to ask what is the best between the two gadgets because I am planning to buy a gadget like this. Honestly I have already decided to buy an iphone when suddenly google release its new Gadget which is Nexus and now I iam puzzled.

Can Somebody help me here...tnx

Well u can check some reviews on youtube, and compare these gadgets.. Or go to websites like GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... or Cell phone reviews, news and specs - Phone Arena and check both gadgets reviewsa and see wat u like.

Iphone = ipod touch + a phone

Google N1 = A smart phone with googles support

I tryed to simplify it as much as possible :p

Dnt rush take ur time in choosing and see wat u like NOTE: Iphone has no multitasking

ziaodix

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Well after experiencing the issues of upgrading from 1.5 to 2.1 with my HTC Hero because of the Sense UI interface, I think I'd gladly take a N1 so I know there won't be any issues with the upgrading of it. Google themselves do test all the new and improved features on their cherry-picked device, want proof. Watch the Google IO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch