Store Availability

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know anything about this being available in stores? I assume since you can get the Nexus 7 at Staples, GameStop, Office Depot, etc, they'd wanna do that with the N10 as well, but I didn't see anything about in-store availability. Would be nice not to have to pay the Play Store shipping charges...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know anything about this being available in stores? I assume since you can get the Nexus 7 at Staples, GameStop, Office Depot, etc, they'd wanna do that with the N10 as well, but I didn't see anything about in-store availability. Would be nice not to have to pay the Play Store shipping charges...

Even though nothing's been announced, I'd fully expect to see the Nexus 10 side-by-side with the Nexus 7 at those same retail channels.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

It hits the Google Play store beginning November 13th per most sites I searched. I would guess it hits the other stores about the same time but no clue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It hits the Google Play store beginning November 13th per most sites I searched. I would guess it hits the other stores about the same time but no clue.

Or if it's like the Nexus 7 pre-order debacle, Staples will be selling it on Thursday. :p

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Or if it's like the Nexus 7 pre-order debacle, Staples will be selling it on Thursday. :p

haha that'd be nice.

Just realized the Google Blog that announced all the new devices says "You'll also be able to purchase the 32GB version in more than 2,000 Walmart stores in the U.S." so there's that

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just remember everyone being angry at paying an extra $15 or whatever it was for the Google Play preorder, then GameStop released the Nexus 7 before Google even started sending them out haha. I ordered one for my gf and it got to the house on her birthday. I would have been pissed if it missed her bday AND I paid extra for shipping haha

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
God that whole pre order from the play store debacle was just utterly horrible on here. I think one guy even said he lost sleep over a it!!! I suspect this one will hit stores sometime before black friday hopefully.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
God that whole pre order from the play store debacle was just utterly horrible on here. I think one guy even said he lost sleep over a it!!! I suspect this one will hit stores sometime before black friday hopefully.

haha yeah people got really worked up about that.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
All - when you ordered your Nexus 7 from the Google Play Store, were you also charged sales tax? I'm wondering how much shipping would be vs. making the purchase in Wal-Mart and paying sales tax.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
All - when you ordered your Nexus 7 from the Google Play Store, were you also charged sales tax? I'm wondering how much shipping would be vs. making the purchase in Wal-Mart and paying sales tax.
i didnt purchase it but yes, there is sales tax and shipping of $13

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I was charged sales tax on my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7, so you can expect there will be tax on the 10 also.

somdave2005

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
After my experience with the Nexus 7 play store order, and having to pay shipping, I am going to wait for the stores as well. Hopefully Best Buy will have it.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thinking Best Buy might not/probably won't have it. Pretty sure they don't carry the Nexus 7. After the way they handled the TF Prime, though, I'd love to be wrong about that and would definitely get it there.

droidbeat

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the N7 immediately on the Play Store. Then, proceeded to see it on the shelf at Sam's Club days before mine shipped. I'm now tempted to just wait until it's on the shelf. But, when the green light goes on to pre-order, I may not be able to help myself. Suppose I could just cancel the order if I see it on the shelf first. Wonder if they'll give Play Store credit with this one?

sledgie#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just realized the Google Blog that announced all the new devices says "You'll also be able to purchase the 32GB version in more than 2,000 Walmart stores in the U.S." so there's that

Thats good to hear. I have 2 $100 gift certificates towards walmart for getting my hemoglobin a1c checked. Heres to diabetes ! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87