100% Confirmed Nexus 10 Arriving Today with Timeline

Jarrod411

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The timeline of this whole even has been confusing for many, but if you've been a part of things like this before you know that Google and UPS work together ahead of time for big releases like this. They have all the logistics and supply chain types of stuff worked out ahead of time. Things won't flow through the UPS tracking system like normal; pieces of it won't update right away and things will be back dated, but close to deliver time everything gets normal. Charlotte, NC is my destination city.

My timeline Eastern:
Tuesday, 12:14pm - Placed order online and received email confirmation receipt
Wednesday, 4:10am - Received email from Google with UPS Tracking Number stating "Your Order Has Shipped". Tracking# doesn't pull up in UPS site yet.
Thursday, 1:15pm - UPS System finally pulled up Tracking # with the only detail of Origin Scan, Louisville KY. Status = In Transit
Thursday, 6:30pm - UPS Updates system to reflect a Delivery date of Friday "By End of Day" with Departure Scan.
Thursday, 8:50pm - UPS Updates system to finally reflect that the order was originally processed on Wednesday at 5:15pm. It backdated itself.

THEN UPS SYSTEM timeline running as normal/expected:
Knoxville, TN, United States 11/15/2012 11:02 P.M. Departure Scan
11/15/2012 9:04 P.M. Arrival Scan
Charlotte, NC, United States 11/16/2012 4:25 A.M. Arrival Scan
11/16/2012 5:38 A.M. Out For Delivery

Last edited:

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been as lucky.

Registered to be notified by email when the Nexus 10 was available for sale in the Play Store, Never received a notice.

Tuesday, 1:01pm Eastern - Placed order online for Nexus 10 and received email confirmation receipt. Showed a shipping date of 11-15.
Read all the posts on the forums about everyone receiving emails of product having been shipped, tracking numbers, etc. Kept checking emails, nothing...
Thursday 12:04pm Eastern - Checked credit card company, no charges. Emailed Google with my order number and asked for a status update.
Friday 07:00am Eastern - No email from Google and no credit card charges.

I've got to say for all the hype Google put out about this new tablet, I'm more than a bit disappointed in their lack of customer support. If Google cant even send out
email notices to update their customers, can I really expect future support once I have purchased?
The only Apple product I own is an iPod and I don't really want to be sucked into the Apple black hole if I can help it, but I've got to wonder if Apple would be this slack in their customer support.

Indijones47

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Placed order Tuesday at 6:30 PM Eastern time. Still haven't received email saying it's shipped and my CC hasn't been charged yet. Sent an email to google this morning (Friday the 16th) Waiting to hear back from them.....A little upset by this....

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Got mine! So far I'm liking it. Screen is really nice. Tablet has a good feel. A number of my apps seem not to be compatible with the 10. Tablet operation is very smooth.

samagon

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine's out for delivery as well.

I haven't been as lucky.

Emailed Google with my order number and asked for a status update.
Friday 07:00am Eastern - No email from Google and no credit card charges.

Late Tuesday my order changed to "pre-ordered" I was confused, as clearly I ordered after release, but figured it was a glitch in the matrix and it would clear Wednesday. I slept on it. still that way on Wednesday. So at noon I rang them, they couldn't find my order under my email address (got scared and had a cold sweat, and was ready to go balistic on someone's supervisor), gave them the super long order number (why the hell do they need a 154 long digit number for ordering?), they found it via that and gave me the inside skinny. it wasn't in fact pre-ordered and would be shipping out the next day (Thursday).

I know a lot of people have reported less than stellar phone response from them, but do yourself a favor, leave the emails for sending joke pictures to your family, pick up the phone, dial the number and see what they say. you might be happy, you might be sad, but they'll definitely be able to assist you, shoot, part of the price you paid was to be able to talk to someone on the phone to go through issues like this very thing.

Jarrod411

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on getting yours, I am still waiting on the UPS guy. Glad to hear app issue was a false alarm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered it on Tuesday night (was going to wait for retail, but after hearing nothing about potential availability and seeing other models sold out, I decided to pull the trigger). I got immediate order confirmation. I waited Wednesday and Thursday, but didn't get any shipping information. Resigned to waiting until Monday to get the tablet, I was just hoping to get shipping information today. 10 minutes ago, I got the email that it had shipped, so I figured I'd check to see what the timeline was like. To my surprise, it's out for delivery today! The wife is at home, so the late notice for delivery is no big deal, and Google has made my day.

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine is out the door, along with my new GoPro Hero 3, which arrives today as well. but UPS typically arrives here between 6 and 7 in the evening. Here's hoping it's one of those rare early days.

Actually, I have a lot of work to get done today, and I'm not paying a babysitter so I can play with my new toys, so I guess it'd be better if it came later.

Lemingus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 5 minutes after the Nexus 10 was available for purchase on Tuesday morning and I STILL HAVE NOT received ANY tracking info this is ridiculous.

My Credit card was definitely charged or at least Pre-Auth'd for the full amount so doesn't that mean it shipped?

Are you guys saying it should just show up today at my door?

This is all I have in Google Wallet:

Nov 13
Google Inc. received your order.

Nov 13
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 13. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

Lemingus

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Order Date: November 13, 2012 8:34:24 AM UTC-8

The support line is full of s who can't give ANY information. I see on this thread people have estimated ship dates, tracking info etc. This is total bull the support line is garbage.

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, even though I got lucky and got one, there is no sense in Google not being able to handle this. Either set up the buying in a different manner that you can handle, or figure out why your servers can't take the load.

Order Date: November 13, 2012 8:34:24 AM UTC-8

The support line is full of s who can't give ANY information. I see on this thread people have estimated ship dates, tracking info etc. This is total bull the support line is garbage.