Change owner

tom58

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Help please. How can I change the registered owner of a Nexus 10? :-[ Bought this as a present for my wife but whilst getting it going managed to register it as mine... which won't go down too well!

Tom

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset and sign in with her gmail account? All of the current apps will be tied to your gmail. You might be able to simply add her gmail as a second account and then remove yours, but I don't know how that will affect where your name shows up, etc.

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Would I have the same issue? I ordered one and waiting for its arrival but I didn't have a credit card so i had my brother do it for me. He bought it using his google account. He made sure to not check the "sync with my account" upon ordering.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
What KJ said. I sold my nexus 7 and before I handed it over I did a factory reset; it's somewhere in the settings app.

After he'd had it for a day or so I asked if he had any problems with the Play Store and he said no problems. The Play Store kept listing it as one of my devices. You can't delete it there, you can only tell it to not show it in your devices list. I called Google about it and they confirmed that you can't delete it, just "de-list" it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Would I have the same issue? I ordered one and waiting for its arrival but I didn't have a credit card so i had my brother do it for me. He bought it using his google account. He made sure to not check the "sync with my account" upon ordering.

it shouldnt be a problem for you since your brother unchecked the option.
yours will be like when you bought from a retail shop.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Help please. How can I change the registered owner of a Nexus 10? :-[ Bought this as a present for my wife but whilst getting it going managed to register it as mine... which won't go down too well!

Tom
if you have unchecked the option to use your emailid for association when you ordered it then she wont even see your email id on the tablet.

even if you associate it when you login first it will ask for your password. without it N10 wont download any data.

if you want it clean. switch on nexus 10. donot login and skip all setup.

then go to settings-->backup and factory reset-->factory reset tablet.

it will remove your email from it.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

You shouldn't have any issue. It won't matter who bought the device. The only identity that matters is the gmail account you enter when you first set up the device. Even if he did have it set up with his gmail, it's very simple to reset the device to the factory settings and then sign in with your own gmail.