Bad Batch?

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I began to wonder if my Nexus 10 rebooting and battery life was related. Last night I spoke with Google about this. I was told this has been a problem with some and was attributed to "a bad batch" and "not a software issue." So my new Nexus 10 is on the way.

I cannot say the rep made it clear the link to rebooting and battery life was directly related, but my brother has not had either of these problems with his. I hope the new device resolves my issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
While i have had great customer service from Google, I also have some call center Incidental knowledge. When CSRs go off script, what they say may be what they believe to be the truth but may not be factual. What I mean is a Rep may say "an update is due out soon" becuase they over hear someone else they trusted mention the words 'update' and 'soon' and put that together to mean one would indeed be released. Likewise a CSR who notices a reduction in the number of compliants about a particular issue may assume [rightly or wrongly] that it was related to a 'bad batch' then speak as though it is truth.

In short I don't believe the "rebooting" is in anyway related to a bad batch

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
While i have had great customer service from Google, I also have some call center Incidental knowledge. When CSRs go off script, what they say may be what they believe to be the truth but may not be factual. What I mean is a Rep may say "an update is due out soon" becuase they over hear someone else they trusted mention the words 'update' and 'soon' and put that together to mean one would indeed be released. Likewise a CSR who notices a reduction in the number of compliants about a particular issue may assume [rightly or wrongly] that it was related to a 'bad batch' then speak as though it is truth.

In short I don't believe the "rebooting" is in anyway related to a bad batch

I understand, that is partially why I tossed it out for feedback. The moment I mentioned rebooting issues to both reps (I actually spoke to two), they instantly began speaking of sending a new unit without hearing much about my battery life. I was a bit inclined to think this is something they are dealing with since they were so prepared to replace it without me actually wanting it replaced.

garyll

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the same experience when I called, they are sending me a new unit tomorrow as well. Can't hurt to try a new one, we'll see if it solves the problem. Mine has been more about locking up (forcing me to reboot) as opposed to just rebooting itself.

ahg2003

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys bought from Google play store? I have the same issues mostly freeze up with Chrome and random reboot once in a while. Battery is not impressive either.

I have bought my N10 from Walmart. Do I need to contact Walmart for exchange (its OOS right now, so might have to wait) or Google to replace the device under warranty?

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine from the Play Store. My Nexus 10 rebooted daily. The battery life became more a concern when I was at my brother's house comparing his to mine. He has had no reboots and his battery life is double what I get with identical setups.

I would check with Google first to see what they say before returning. I did not want to return it, but that is what Google said was the remedy for me.

tylan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I also bought mine from the play store as soon as it was for sale again last week and have experienced no issues to mention. Strange... I must be extremely lucky or there was no such thing as a bad batch and just a few bad ones.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I received the replacement Nexus 10 on Friday. It has locked up and rebooted twice in 2 days (browsing the internet).

Disappointed at first. Now I am just upset!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I received the replacement Nexus 10 on Friday. It has locked up and rebooted twice in 2 days (browsing the internet).

Disappointed at first. Now I am just upset!

was location setting on the device turned on or off?

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Off. I did all the preventative measures to make this work. My problem is having to disable features at all in the hopes of having a stable device.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Dagr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Also for me Google voice seemed to be very tied in to the reboots even though I never used it... Try un installing it if it's there... My reboots have gone down dramatically since removing voice and turning off location services.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Also for me Google voice seemed to be very tied in to the reboots even though I never used it... Try un installing it if it's there... My reboots have gone down dramatically since removing voice and turning off location services.

I do not have Voice installed. Disabling location services has certainly helped. My Nexus 7 is rock solid, but I almost hate to even pick up the Nexus 10 right now. At this moment I am seriously regretting my purchase. I know things can turn around with one update. Until then, I am not happy.

CampCash

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, Google is having me send in this 2 week old Nexus 10 for another replacement since this device freezes and reboots almost as often as the last one. I am so frustrated right now!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty