(not solve)please help! about a ram problem my nexus 10

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
i have a question about the nexus 10
my nexus 10's ram always getting low
it has 2gb ram
however, just a short time (about one day) it getting down to 200-100 mb can be use and
when two app are running, the another app will force stop.(i can't open more than one app)
this problem is handware problem or software problem?
and after i update android4.2.2
the total ram just have 1.2gb
when my nexus 10 in android 4.2.1
its total ram has 1.6gb!
here has 400 mb are disappear!

Last edited:

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: please help! about a problem my nexus 10

I doubt if you have a hardware or software problem at all. Is your tablet running perceptively slower than before the upgrade, are apps running differently or not at all, etc.? Or, are you just curious as to how the device uses memory and wondering why the new release seems to be using more RAM?

My free RAM always looks low (22% - 25% or so) when I check it via the Memory Booster app, but the tablet runs just fine. And, I have the 4.2.2 upgrade on it.

From what I've read, the Nexus seems to do a pretty smart job of memory management. However, if you remain concerned about your memory usage, or if your machine is actually showing degraded performance, there are numerous threads out there that talk about finding "bad" apps, uninstalling unused apps, disabling the frequent "syncs" and / or autostart of apps, and other tricks to maximize your memory performance. You can Google around and find them. It's probably a good idea to do some some of the common sense stuff that people recommend. But, keep in mind the fact that performing periodic maintenance does not equate to there being a hardware or software problem with your tablet, any more than changing the oil in your car or inflating the tires means that the vehicle is defective.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Also, what you shouldn't do is waste your time using task killer apps. I know at least 1 person will tell you to do so but they do more harm than good.

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

but after i reset my nexus 10,the problem still in here.:confused:
and why after the update , the available ram is decreased???( do you have this problem too???)

Last edited:

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

This has been popping up all over. Which is a good thing. in this case the available ram reduction is in fact a feature. More ram is being reserved for the GPU. Android does a very good job in managing ram so as previously mentioned, task killer apps are unnecessary on the most part.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: please help! about a ram problem my nexus 10

I tried to find the post discussing this somewhere on this site but couldn't find it. Don't worry about it! It's actually a good thing to be using a lot of RAM.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

This has been popping up all over. Which is a good thing. in this case the available ram reduction is in fact a feature. More ram is being reserved for the GPU. Android does a very good job in managing ram so as previously mentioned, task killer apps are unnecessary on the most part.
but the bad thing is when the ram of my nexus 10 in a low level, i play a game and listen to music,it will force stop the music app,
only restart can return to normal and then just a day the ram of my nexus 10 starting getting low again
it will happen forever! i think

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: please help! about a ram problem my nexus 10

Interesting, what game are you playing? And are you using Google music?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
when the ram in a low level, i can't run two more apps , this is no specific
i think it is because the ram not enough to run more apps
i don't know how to solve it , it always happen i am confuse with it
and i also find some small problem
one is the time always not accurate
the other one is when my nexus 10 is charging , using the earphone have some noise in the background (only during 80% - 100%)
Do i need to return it?

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds a bit weird, I only say this because I haven't seen it myself or anyone else with the problem. I will try to run some games (NFS etc) and see how it all gets handled.

7 fissurez

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think this might help a little.
As the OP said, the nexus 10 has 2GB of ram.
Take a look as to how much android sees.....
http://db.tt/nQP67xif

Yeah... No way near 2gb.
(Bonus note: those apps shown are all there is... And I still get fc's, especially when listening to Google music + using just chrome)

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I think this might help a little.
As the OP said, the nexus 10 has 2GB of ram.
Take a look as to how much android sees.....
http://db.tt/nQP67xif

Yeah... No way near 2gb.
(Bonus note: those apps shown are all there is... And I still get fc's, especially when listening to Google music + using just chrome)

but my nexus 10 always has about 100 mb free
i'm almost cannot take a screen shot with it

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you please go to Settings>>Apps and then swipe to the to the left to show running apps and then create a screenshot.

I have never experienced what you have and there has to be something with how you are using the tablet. Atleast that will show us what you have running on the tablet.

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Can you please go to Settings>>Apps and then swipe to the to the left to show running apps and then create a screenshot.

I have never experienced what you have and there has to be something with how you are using the tablet. Atleast that will show us what you have running on the tablet.
ok ! i will take it later because the network have some problem

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

the photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-18-20-01-201225871012.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-18-20-01-201225871012.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2013-02-23-11-01-46-1206515112.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-23-11-01-46-1206515112.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 24

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members