My Samsung Gallery is a MESS! I need help please

JonEQuest

Sep 26, 2023
Visit site
I have a new Samsung S23 Ultra. I just upgraded form a Note 20 Ultra but I had the same problem on the Note 20. The Gallery app doesn't seem to like me using folder trees for my photos. I want to open Gallery and have folders like Cars, Properties, projects, etc. then in each folder like "Properties" I may have 8 house folders. Inside each house folder I may have 50 photos and some other folders with when purchased, during renovation, etc. But Gallery likes to have all my treed folders show at one time. I made this even worse because the photos that were on my SD car went into a folder called ".....SDCardBackup..." while photos that were in my Note 20 internal memory just showed up under DCIM , Camera etc. So to simplify I just moved and recreated some folders like I described before. Now I have a folder called "Properties" that has a few folder names of houses in it but all folders are empty. I also have all those folders and subfolders upon subfolders just hidden unless I select "view All" folders. Then I have about 100 folders and it is a mess. The way it looks when I explore the phones internal memory and DCIM folder on my PC is nice and organized. The phone has it all jacked up. Is there a way to do the organization on my PC and then have it look the same way on my phone? I can see dragging and dropping folders and figuring out what goes where for several hours being the best way. I am temped to back up all the photos to my PC, then delete all the photos on the phone but They would just be messed up as they are now I assume.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

aa6vh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is a Samsung Gallery question, not specific to S23 phones.

I use a file manager app to move my pictures into their appropriate Folder (or "Album"). I have folders/albums called Car, Boat, Friends, whatever. I then use the "Album" option to view albums instead of pictures. Do you not have the "view albums" in your copy of the Samsung Gallery app?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I use a file manager app to move my pictures into their appropriate Folder (or "Album"). I have folders/albums called Car, Boat, Friends, whatever. I then use the "Album" option to view albums instead of pictures. Do you not have the "view albums" in your copy of the Samsung Gallery app?
Yes, you have to arrange things with a file manager first, then use a photo album app. Trying to do it with ANY photo app first results in a miss-mash of crappola!

Reactions: monsieurms

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Unfortunately we don't have a Samsung gallery forum,this will be the best place for the member to get help , thank you!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you have to arrange things with a file manager first, then use a photo album app. Trying to do it with ANY photo app first results in a miss-mash of crappola!
Eventually, replacing the built-in gallery app with f-stop works really well if you have a lot of photos.

For quick photo editing after you take a picture, I like the Samsung gallery app. But organizing lots of pictures, I find works better with f-stop

Reactions: Paul Bledsoe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29