Miracast/wireless display on Samsung SmartTV

carso

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a Samsung SmartTV 2013, model UN60F7050AF (which is the same as the 7100 model).
Samsung devices implement Miracast under the AllShare brand.
I tried to connect my Nexus 10 Android 4.3 tablet to the TV and it doesn't work. I tried this:
  • Set the tv to mirror screen
  • Set the tablet to discover wireless displays.
  • I see the ledtv and i select it. Both the tv and the tablet say connecting...
  • For a moment the tv says android device connected, then it closes the screen and says it disconnected.
  • The tablet loses the ledtv from the list

Is there a way to make them work? Is Samsung's implementation propietary? Devices should be interoperable...

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
My S4 will connect to my Samsung 65" Smart TV, but not my Nexus 10.

Same symptoms as yours.

About all I can do with my Nexus 10 is use the Samsung Swipeit app and display pictures and videos on the TV.

John

Last edited:

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I recently got one of these Netgear devices that supports BOTH Miracast and Samsung's Allshare.
It also supports Widi if your computer's Intel processor has Widi capability.
Link to device: PTV3000

Overall, it is far from perfect. I have been able to mirror both my current phone (Samsung GS III) and my Nexus 10, but things have been very laggy/choppy. I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet other than updating the firmware, but I am hoping that it will function well and provide similar functionality to mirroring my iPad over the Apple TV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiny Flo