How do you screen mirror from P6P to Samsung Smart TV?

Lyphe 416

Dec 15, 2020
Visit site
Hoping this is a quick solution.

I'm trying to screen mirror from my P6P to my Samsung smart TV ( new 2021 ). If I go into my settings and connect to the TV via connected devices, the TV recognizes the connection and goes into what 'should be' mirroring mode ... except there is no actual picture. The TV just says, "no provided" with an image of my phone.

Anyone able to tell if I'm missing some simple setting?

Ty!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I don't think you can without a Chromecast, unless your TV has Chromecast built into it. Google has not provided native mirroring in stock Android for a few years now.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Chromecast device attached to all my TV's and I frequently cast YouTube videos to my TV's from my Pixel 6 Pro.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait... I have a Samsung TV in my breakfast area and I cast to it without a Chromecast connected. When I set the TV up, I did connect it to my router.

SAMSUNG 32-inch Class LED Smart FHD TV 1080P (UN32N5300AFXZA, 2018 Model)

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Samsung uses the Miracast protocol for screen sharing and Google devices are not compatible with this protocol. At least it doesn’t work with my LG TV and the only thing I can do is use a chromecast for casting.

Lyphe 416

Dec 15, 2020
Visit site
I have a Chromecast device attached to all my TV's and I frequently cast YouTube videos to my TV's from my Pixel 6 Pro.

How are you doing this Gary, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm getting as far as my P6P connecting, but everything I can see implies that it will only audiocast? When I go to settings in the connected devices section on my P6P ... if I click the settings cogwheel for my samsung, there is an icon of headphones and just two settings ... one for 'media audio' and one for 'contact sharing'.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
How are you doing this Gary, if you don't mind me asg?

I'm getting as far as my P6P connecting, but everything I can see implies that it will only audiocast? When I go to settings in the connected devices section on my P6P ... if I click the settings cogwheel for my samsung, there is an icon of headphones and just two settings ... one for 'media audio' and one for 'contact sharing'.

If you have a Chromecast device and have done the Chromecast setup, you should see a new option to cast to it in your video.

My newest Samsung TV can cast without using a Chromecast device attached to it. I just click on the "Cast" icon on a video and it starts casting.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Samsung uses the Miracast protocol for screen sharing and Google devices are not compatible with this protocol. At least it doesn’t work with my LG TV and the only thing I can do is use a chromecast for casting.

Stock Android has been that way for many years, Google removed Miracast from stock Android around the time they started selling Chromecasts. This question used to come up on the Moto forum all the time when Moto started using stock Android (mostly stock) and folks could not Miracast anymore.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Guys are miss understanding my question, I have a Roku that I am able to cast too. What I am looking for is a reliable app that I can screen mirror from. I'm not really into buying another dongle that only does what my Roku is already capable of. The problem is there are a plethora of apps out there with mixed reviews.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
What I need to do is explain to people how to run company software. I have tutorials uploaded to YouTube but it is so much easier if I can actually walk them through it from square one and go back and forth in real time. If nothing else I guess I could go back to my A71 but it seems like a waste.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Guys are miss understanding my question, I have a Roku that I am able to cast too. What I am looking for is a reliable app that I can screen mirror from. I'm not really into buying another dongle that only does what my Roku is already capable of. The problem is there are a plethora of apps out there with mixed reviews.
I think many of us understand the question and what we are saying is that you need a Chromecast to mirror your phone to a TV that does not have Chromecast built in.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Point is, I don't want to have to carry around a dongle to jobsites but it's looking like I'll have too. That or I'll pickup a Media Gear docking station. Then I won't need to worry about crappy WiFi.
Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
rvbfan, I spent a good bit of time trying to figure out what kind of animal you used for your Avatar. Then it dawned on me that it was your leg and your foot.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Someone back around 2015 on another site, wanted to see my legs. Believe it or not. So I made it my avatar. Totally forgot I still had it for this site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe