For Photographers- What is Your Workflow to get Image Files From Camera to Device?

Joey_C

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Curious how the photographers out there get their image or movie files from camera to tablet for editing and sharing.

What steps do you take and does the lack of a micro sd card slot make you wish you bought a different tablet like a Note or Tab that has a micro sd card slot?

coop486

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a camera from Samsung. The camera has built in wi-fi and a companion Android App. This allows me to use wi-fi direct connect to transfer photos directly to my Nexus.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I am curious to know what serious photographers are using this tablet for editing.....

I do all my transfers to my PC and editing there, then upload the results to my Flickr account. I have the app so I can view all of those on my tablet from there. No storage issues involved, though I do have an OTG cable and the nexus Media Importer app.

Joey_C

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't consider myself a serious photographer but an enthusiast with a blog that receives 50-80,000 views daily. When I travel I'd like to leave the laptop at home and travel with my Sony NEX-5r and a tablet.

90% of the content I post are photos or videos so that's why I ask.

You can check out the blog if you'd like
http://www.goodmorninggloucester.com
Its a view from my lobster dock in Gloucester MA (home of The Perfect Storm)

Posted via Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't consider myself a serious photographer but an enthusiast with a blog that receives 50-80,000 views daily. When I travel I'd like to leave the laptop at home and travel with my Sony NEX-5r and a tablet.

90% of the content I post are photos or videos so that's why I ask.

You can check out the blog if you'd like
GoodMorningGloucester | My View of Life on the Dock
Its a view from my lobster dock in Gloucester MA (home of The Perfect Storm)

Posted via Android Central App

Nice blog! As another poster mentioned, you can use an OTG cable with Nexus Media Importer and a USB card reader. Just take the card out of the camera and put it in the reader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa