Should I buy this while it still exists?

lebenton

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting to buy myself a tablet for my birthday (now two weeks ago), mostly looking for a larger-than-7" tablet for e-reading, web-browsing, PDF-viewing, document-managing (notes and recipes and such), game-playing, and email. I was kind of hoping the Nexus 10 would get refreshed, but that's looking like a bust. It's also looking like the 16gb version is out of stock and there is talk about Google discontinuing the device?

I'm going for something pretty long-haul here, with no expectations of updating in the next 2+ years. Should I jump and get the 32gb while I still can? Or do you guys think there's something else now/soon that could maybe be a better choice for me?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read the refresh to the Nexus 10 is mostly going to be aesthetic... Sure, the internals are bound to be improved, but not really to make a huge difference. So yes, the Nexus 10 is still a very capable tablet. That being said, price-wise you're better off holding out. Why? Price will drop dramatically once the refresh comes out, and it's also expected any day now. Holidays are coming, right? But if you find a great deal on CyberMonday leftovers, GO FOR IT!

PS: I went for the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 myself but that was because I'm very invested in S-Ecosystem right now, and I love the S-Pen so it was worth the premium :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, 32GB models should still be available. I'm not sure about Nexus 10 (last time I tried to buy one last year you could only get it from Google) but if it's also available at retailers like the Nexus 7 (I know BestBuy carries these), you SHOULD wait for Holiday deals. They're bound to happen. And if the Nexus 10 refresh is coming before then, an even better deal on the 'old' model should come, too...

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Same question as the original poster: Is it still worth buying?

I want something bigger than my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Is the performance of the Nexus 10 acceptable even though it's older than many other tablets?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2