Missing ram after 4.4 update

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that it only shows what is available to user apps, etc and that the <1GB being used by the system is not displayed. My Moto X has 2GB of RAM and only shows 1.8GB or so in itemized processes and my Nexus 7 2013 has 2GB and shows the same 1.8GB.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well the main app doesnt either. Its up there. Under settings, app, running it says 1.1. I use to have like 1.4 when I had jelly bean and kit kat was designed to use less ram

Kit Kat was designed to be able to run on devices with less RAM, that does not mean it will not use more if available. In fact, it will when needed.

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Kit Kat was designed to be able to run on devices with less RAM, that does not mean it will not use more if available. In fact, it will when needed.

Factory reset no app or widgets, still only 1.1gb of ram total that even shows up. I use to have 1.4 left on jelly bean. I know the cpu on the nexus 10 was known for reserving the most ram but with a kit kat ram optimization you'd think I would get even more ram instead of less.