Google Nexus 10 and the Optimum app

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I need a bigger screen and just a better performing tablet.

I'm debating between the Nexus 10 and the LG G Pad 8.3. But my very critical question: Is the Optimum app for watching live TV (if you're an optimum customer) compatible with the device yet???

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. It's kind of a deal breaker for me as I need to have access to the optimum app to be more efficient at my job.

Thanks!!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I searched in vain to see if I could find a device compatibility list for it (my Google powers are not that mighty, apparently). However, I do know the app is compatible with the 2013 Nexus 7 (so I would guess it would be ok on the Nexus 10, but no guarantees).

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I did see this on Optimum's web page:

The Optimum App is now available on Android phones and tablets running Operating System version 4.2 or higher. For those devices running an Operating System less than 4.2, select your carrier below to see the current list of supported Android devices.

So it must be good, I'd assume.

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You mean this app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.optimum.unity.mobile

Yes, it is finally compatible with the Nexus 10. I have been ******** to them for a while that it was only compatible with my phone and who wants to watch TV on a 4" screen.

Yup - that's the one. How does it run? I have the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and, for the average performance tablet, the app runs well. But I need to upgrade to a bigger screen - as I use my tablet for a second tv screen.

Is it smooth on the Nexus 10?

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got 4.4.2 pushed last night but have not tried it yet. The app worked fine with 4.4.0.

Beautiful. I'm hearing the app doesn't work on the G Pad 8.3. So it looks like the Nexus 10 will be my selection.

Pat - you were a big help. I sincerely thank you!