Email connection problem

MJR34

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Can't load emails. I get "Connection problem" message. when I click on Email app. Browser works OK just problem with email.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the tablet otherwise able to connect to the web, like in the browser?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're using the stock Email app, open it, tap Menu>Settings, select the email account, and make sure the server settings are correct--you may have to search for the proper settings on your email provider's website. Or you could remove the account, then add it back again.

MJR34

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the stock email app. I've opened it and clicked on settings which shows the email account name. However, I cannot see how to get at the email settings, nor how to delete the account. I could create a duplicate account, but am puzzled over the need for a password as I do not remember doing that before. Neither have I any details of a password for the existing account.

MJR34

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Wen I tap Email/menu/settings I get account name etc. Tapping on account name only allows me to change the name, not delete it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After tapping on the email account, can you tap Menu again? Do other advanced options appear? Sorry, I wish I had that tablet in front of me so I could look around myself.

MJR34

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Going into Email does not appear to give a delete option but Eureka perhaps! By going straight into the Settings app rather than the email app and then going into Email, I've found a Menu. This gives me the option of removing an email account. So I can now delete the account and set it up again. However, I'm still puzzled over the password requirement. Assuming I make a note of what I enter, when would I use it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The password it's asking for is presumably the one you use when you log into the email account you're trying to add. The Email app needs your email account's login information in order to retrieve the mail. Which email provider are you using?

MJR34

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks. I'd forgotten all about the email password. I've now reset it in Talktalk and will create another account in my Nexus 10. I will report back tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87