Finally....Gmail Pinch to Zoom for 4.2!!!!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It;'s most liekly right since i got 4.1.2 right now and i got Android 4.0.3, Gmail app is not integral part of Android system and it's seperate app that can be updated in Google Play

Gmail is currently devided to 2 branches the pre-3.0 and post-3.0 so it should work with Android 3.0 up or else they also update there code for 2.3 and lower.

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It;'s most liekly right since i got 4.1.2 right now and i got Android 4.0.3, Gmail app is not integral part of Android system and it's seperate app that can be updated in Google Play

Gmail is currently devided to 2 branches the pre-3.0 and post-3.0 so it should work with Android 3.0 up or else they also update there code for 2.3 and lower.

Even though your correct. Chrome and google search can be downloaded in the google play store as well. I have a S3 but not the google search jelly bean devices have. And before when i had my evo, I couldn't download chrome.

I just have a bad feeling this will only be for 4.2 devices. Since 4.2 will prolly be another version of jelly bean and not Key Lime pie or whatever google will call it. Im hoping you are right!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Even though your correct. Chrome and google search can be downloaded in the google play store as well. I have a S3 but not the google search jelly bean devices have. And before when i had my evo, I couldn't download chrome.

I just have a bad feeling this will only be for 4.2 devices. Since 4.2 will prolly be another version of jelly bean and not Key Lime pie or whatever google will call it. Im hoping you are right!

Android SDK allows to pack few versions applications in to one apk or replace huge chank of application depending on the Android version, most Google apps are now devided like that between pre-3.0 and post-3.0 and there UIs are build in different way sicne there was huge changes in UI in 3.0, you can see that also in Instagram. Google Search is devided even feather, because Google Now is marketise as a part of Jelly Bean they not include it to ICS or it really heavily use new APIs in Jelly Bean. other Google apps seems no not have such problems.

Besides... who the hell he got Android 4.2? :p

EDIT: I just check and Google Search is simply not being updated anymore for below 4.0

bez54

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Happy this as come to 4.2. Its something I have wanted for a while.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam