HOT!!! The Unreleased Gmail 4.2 APK With Pinch-To-Zoom And More

llyod

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody!

I just get this latest gmail apk which now allow the pinch to zoom function on gmail.
yesterday was the rumors, and here is the file itself.

instruction :

1. Download apk
2. Navigate to folder with apk and copy the apk
3. Navigate to /system/app/ and rename Gmail.apk to Gmail.bak (this way you preserve the apk for later just in case of update)
4. Paste the apk you copied
5. Rename to Gmail.apk then fix permissions. (using Root Explorer)
6. Reboot and enjoy

Enjoy! (make sure make nandroid backup)

Cheers
Llyod!

Attachments

• Gmail2.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 101

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply post. I know you have attached the apk

Can you provide the link to where you found this @ Androidpolice?

Don't take it personally, but I am a bit leery when someone with (5) posts provides a Google APP that's not @ Google Play store.

Thanks in advance

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks llyod for the actual link

"The app has been removed due to a request from Google"

"The Gmail 4.2 APK is signed by Google, but with a different key than the one in the Play Store (we checked the signatures - they differ). One is probably the test key and the other the production key. For this reason, you can't simply install it as an update and therefore need to be rooted with the ability to mount the /system directory for writing in order to remove the existing Gmail APK.
Important: Once Google updates Gmail in the Play Store, you will want to revert this process or at the very least delete the Gmail 4.2 APK you installed here if you want to update it from the Play Store."

Thanks but I will wait for the Google Play Store version which will be soon & less of a hassle.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Everywhere I've read, claims this came from the rumored LG Nexus 4 which is running Android 4.2

Got any links where Google states they'll make this available as an update to older Android versions?

Thanks llyod for the actual link

"The app has been removed due to a request from Google"

"The Gmail 4.2 APK is signed by Google, but with a different key than the one in the Play Store (we checked the signatures - they differ). One is probably the test key and the other the production key. For this reason, you can't simply install it as an update and therefore need to be rooted with the ability to mount the /system directory for writing in order to remove the existing Gmail APK.
Important: Once Google updates Gmail in the Play Store, you will want to revert this process or at the very least delete the Gmail 4.2 APK you installed here if you want to update it from the Play Store."

Thanks but I will wait for the Google Play Store version which will be soon & less of a hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord