Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1679
Like Tree505Likes

Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

When I receive an email through Yahoo with a picture attachment, it does not give me the option to view, it only says "INFO". How do I actually view this picture, and ultimately save the pic to the phone?

Is there a way to increase the vibration power on the phone? I swear it's in my pocked and on vibrate, and I hardly ever feel a thing. Its not till I take it out that I can see the missed call or message. Any apps to strengthen the vibration?

total newb question...gotta believe it does..but if you add events to your google calendar, they will show up in the notification tray/page on the phone right?

After 6 torturous weeks, I finally got the Nexus 4; but I seem to have a problem streaming. I'm not sure if it's the network, the app or the phone. When I got the phone I tried to cut the sim card down and messed it up. So I went to 3 (the network) and they replaced the sim for me. Once I was up and running, everything seemed fine until I fired up the TuneIn app. It streams at 32k and buffers every 2/3 minutes, sometimes every 30 secs. This is over 3g/hspa+. Have you heard of any other N4's with this problem or do you think it could be the network or the app.

Thanks very much for any help.

Jason

1. Can you delete some of the home screens without a launcher?

2. Can you add anything to the "quick settings" pull down (use 2 fingers to pull notification bar down instead of 1)?

3. How do you change the refresh rates for syncing (Google+, Gmail, etc.)?

I was able to successfully activate(port from Verizon) my Nexus 4 with Straight Talk ATT today morning. After the activation, I did a speed test. I got 1186 kbps upload and 216 kbps download speed (in Columbus IN, zip code: 47201). According to att website, this zip code has 4G coverage (not 4G LTE) but the speeds I am seeing are probably not even close to 3G. I was wondering if I setup something wrong? My APN settings are given below. I would be surprised if this is the max speed att has in this town.

Along with this, my data connection sometimes (esp. at home) goes off for no apparent reason.

Do you have any suggestions to improve the speeds? Is it just the area or am I doing something wrong?

APN Settings

Name: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: 80
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com (removed HTTP - new users not allowed to post links)
    MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410

Rest are not filled with any values.

nm found it

New to this forum and smartphones in general so sorry for the possible stupid question.

The Nexus 4 doesnt have a headset included. It says on the Google website it has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Does the 3.5mm headphone jack mean that you can only use wired headphone (for music) or can you also use headphones with built in microphone to make/receive calls.

Hopefully someone with the Nexus 4 can give me a definitive answer on this.

Thanks !!

is there a way to move the stock messenger icon off my main screen into the home folder? i guess you would call it (the center button that takes you to all the apps)

Quote Originally Posted by pitchersduel View Post
    is there a way to move the stock messenger icon off my main screen into the home folder? i guess you would call it (the center button that takes you to all the apps)
    Long-press and move the icon to "Remove" at the top of the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Long-press and move the icon to "Remove" at the top of the screen.

this will move it to the home folder then? i was worried it might delete itself off the phone, that wont happen right?

this will move it to the home folder then? i was worried it might delete itself off the phone, that wont happen right?
    Correct. To uninstall it you would hover the app over "remove", and it would become "uninstall".

Correct. To uninstall it you would hover the app over "remove", and it would become "uninstall".

nm got it. thanks!

total newb question...gotta believe it does..but if you add events to your google calendar, they will show up in the notification tray/page on the phone right?
    anyone?

I am trying to turn off incoming calls when I play music for a professional purpose. I can turn off call sounds, but even though I have the vibrate off, the phone still vibrates with an incoming call. Is there a way to turn this off, or block incoming calls altogether? I do not want to use airplane mode because I am also using a bluetooth speaker for this purpose. Thanks. R.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by rwmaxw View Post
    I am trying to turn off incoming calls when I play music for a professional purpose. I can turn off call sounds, but even though I have the vibrate off, the phone still vibrates with an incoming call. Is there a way to turn this off, or block incoming calls altogether? I do not want to use airplane mode because I am also using a bluetooth speaker for this purpose. Thanks. R.
    Go into settings/sound/volumes then turn off ringtone volume but leave music volume on.
    I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.-uploadfromtaptalk1359949804562.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock: GNex; dalepl rom

anyone?
    Thought post #1157 referred to this. As long as you have notifications checked (it is by default) in the calendar settings on the device, it should show up. You can also assign it vibration and/or ringtone.

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    Thought post #1157 referred to this. As long as you have notifications checked (it is by default) in the calendar settings on the device, it should show up. You can also assign it vibration and/or ringtone.

EDIT: nm...figured it out

so i have the jelly bean flinger easter egg as my daydream setting and have it running while its charging. was wondering is there a way to see when the phone is fully charged while its in that daydream mode with the bean flinger wallpaper going? or do i have to tap and enter the home screen to check?

so i have the jelly bean flinger easter egg as my daydream setting and have it running while its charging. was wondering is there a way to see when the phone is fully charged while its in that daydream mode with the bean flinger wallpaper going? or do i have to tap and enter the home screen to check?
    You shouldn't have to go all the way to the home screen. Lockscreen should still show the status bar.

You shouldn't have to go all the way to the home screen. Lockscreen should still show the status bar.

not sure what you mean. when its in daydream the entire screen is filled with the jelly bean animation thing going. the only way i know how to get out of that is to tap on the bottom which then takes me to my homescreen. i never see the lockscreen

and also i guess that would answer my question there isnt a way to know when the phone is fully charged while using that certain daydream theme. oh well

not sure what you mean. when its in daydream the entire screen is filled with the jelly bean animation thing going. the only way i know how to get out of that is to tap on the bottom which then takes me to my homescreen. i never see the lockscreen

and also i guess that would answer my question there isnt a way to know when the phone is fully charged while using that certain daydream theme. oh well
    Odd that you don't have a lockscreen... But that's probably because you have it disabled... Is that correct?

Sorry, double post, my internet is being weird.

no i have a lock screen. but thats when i'm not charging....i dont think i can get to the lock screen when my phone is charging and its using the daydream bean flinger wallpaper. when i click down on the bottom while its in daydream it takes me to my home screen. i never see the lockscreen.
Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44454647484950 ... LastLast