Question In game ad blocking on a family link monitored device.

Sjb90

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Hello. So I've changed my sons tablet from a amazon fire which I thought was dreadful to a lenovo m10 plus managed with family link.

One thing I've noticed the same games he's playing have more ads. Is there a way of limiting ads easily. I'm guessing amazon paid the developers to remove the ads before they got on their store?

I've had a quick look on changing the dns but Ive had no success. Is there a setting in family link where I can limit the in game ads? these seem the worse to me. Or another app which may block these or atleast change them? Overall I'm glad I've changed tablets the fire was awful.

Sjb90

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
You can try using Adguard ad blocker, which is what I have installed on all my devices, Android, ios, and windows. Blocks ads in games, apps, browser, etc... Go to adguard.com and install for each device. Have used the paid version for years with never an issue...
Thanks, I've just started using the trial and it seems good. But really unsure which version I need to pay for? Is there anything I need to be cautious about? Security wise I guess my data will end up going through a 3rd party which could lead to additional security access point? But my son won't be using banking ect..

Daniel Detkowski

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
It's a third party app which is known and trusted.
Adguard creates a virtual VPN connection to your device which will filter all ads.
Like I said, I've used it for years without any issues and it does what it states. Go into it's settings and enable the filters to maximize your ad blocking choices. I only use the Adguard Ad Blocker version which is good for 3 devices on the yearly plan, 1 on my windows desktop, 2 on my Android devices.
I've tried them all (ad blockers) and out of all of them, Adguard was by far the best...
I hope this helps, Danny D.

Sjb90

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
It's a third party app which is known and trusted.
Adguard creates a virtual VPN connection to your device which will filter all ads.
Like I said, I've used it for years without any issues and it does what it states. Go into it's settings and enable the filters to maximize your ad blocking choices. I only use the Adguard Ad Blocker version which is good for 3 devices on the yearly plan, 1 on my windows desktop, 2 on my Android devices.
I've tried them all (ad blockers) and out of all of them, Adguard was by far the best...
I hope this helps, Danny D.
Thanks, which website should I buy from the adgaurd dns or just adguard?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218_131259_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218_131259_Edge.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20231218_131204_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218_131204_Edge.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 9

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have used the paid version for years with never an issue...

I've been using it for years too, but do run into occasional issues. Ever so often either it or a website updates that causes sites using Cloudflare to break. The website will get stuck in a loop asking you to check a box to verify you're human and/or get stuck with a notice about checking that a site is secure. If you Google that problem, it seems to be a rather persistent problem that pops up time to time, and the solutions are quite varied on what settings to change to get around it while still remaining effective. I'm currently dealing with this with a site I visit and haven't found the magical combination yet.

Daniel Detkowski

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the info, yes, sometimes it works so well that it disables entire websites and their elements.
I try to enable as many filters as possible and update nightly on my Android devices.
I'm seeing more Google sites not wanting to load, lol....