I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. One more..

Are you receiving app updates notifications immidiately when they come or? Almost every time when I go to play store I see some app has an update, but I didn't receive any notification. And then I reboot my phone and notification comes..is that normal or? (Notifications for updates are enabled)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

omri karawany

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
hey
i bout a nexus 4 unlocked
and his work fine until the moment that i put my sim card and turn him off and on again
from this moment the phone got locked and ask me 4 a code
no i tried 0000 1111 1234 but nothing work (btw he wrote the provider name and if i call to my cell phone he get the call)
even when i took out my sim
the phone stil lock and ask 4 a code
anyone please help me

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
hey
i bout a nexus 4 unlocked
and his work fine until the moment that i put my sim card and turn him off and on again
from this moment the phone got locked and ask me 4 a code
no i tried 0000 1111 1234 but nothing work (btw he wrote the provider name and if i call to my cell phone he get the call)
even when i took out my sim
the phone stil lock and ask 4 a code
anyone please help me
Bring it in to your cell provider and they should be able to fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Paul Millward

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info Phil. No actually I had someone buy the Nexus 4 from the UK Play Store and then they shipped over to Spain. It was ordered very late on a Saturday night and arrived on the following Tuesday. I then had an anxious wait as it took eight days then to reach me after it was posted from the UK.
The reason I asked is that on IOS devices I can get an app like Sky News in Spain but the Play Store doesn't have Sky News.
All the best Paul

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone verify and examine/analyze if my battery is doing OK
This is my 3rd full charge and lasts more than 1 day with 4:30 screen time. Just wanted to know if battery life is normal
Thanks

Yeah thats good. Most I have gotten is about 3hr 45 min of screen time. But I don't have the best signal where I work/travel. I usually get 14-18 hrs charge with 3-3 1/2 hr screen time.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have my nexus 4 and have no intentions of rooting, do I have any need for ROM Manager or Titanium Backup? Maybe the answer to my question is obvious but I figured I'd still ask you android experts. I used these programs on my vz gun which I had rooted and ran cm on it. Now with the N4 I got all my music on Play Music and stream it from there besides having the original music in my iTunes on the PC. My photos and other non system files I keep backed on cloud services including Google Drive. Course all my apps are backed up at my Google account. I can't think of any reason to keep ROM Manager and Titanium on the N4?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have my nexus 4 and have no intentions of rooting, do I have any need for ROM Manager or Titanium Backup? Maybe the answer to my question is obvious but I figured I'd still ask you android experts. I used these programs on my vz gun which I had rooted and ran cm on it. Now with the N4 I got all my music on Play Music and stream it from there besides having the original music in my iTunes on the PC. My photos and other non system files I keep backed on cloud services including Google Drive. Course all my apps are backed up at my Google account. I can't think of any reason to keep ROM Manager and Titanium on the N4?

Not really. If your not going to be rooted those apps won't really do anything.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Titanium is good for saving your preferences which is handy, but Carbon backup does a good job of that now without rooting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon5783786

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Probably my question is a little bit silly, but I cannot determine the correct statement about it. On my N4, sometimes the Wifi and/or cellular icon is changing to a color grey. I read some explanations about the symptom, but I definitely can say that not a router issue (in case of wifi usage, for cellurar really don't know), because at home, most of the time it is blue with a strong signal but sometimes not.

Can anybody explain me why it is doing that? Or what is the explanation?

Thanks in advance!

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Probably my question is a little bit silly, but I cannot determine the correct statement about it. On my N4, sometimes the Wifi and/or cellular icon is changing to a color grey. I read some explanations about the symptom, but I definitely can say that not a router issue (in case of wifi usage, for cellurar really don't know), because at home, most of the time it is blue with a strong signal but sometimes not.

Can anybody explain me why it is doing that? Or what is the explanation?

Thanks in advance!

When the signal bars (Wifi or mobile) turn grey, it means you are connected to a network, but you have no internet connection through that network.

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

roshan567

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
hi
i just got my N4 yesterday. its a hell of a device. just a small problem- how do i transfer files to my N$ through xp and windows 7?it does not mount as a usb drive, instead it mounts as a MTP.
please help.fyi- i am a noob.

thanks

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I keep trying to find one stupid thing on this phone.

Where is option to set up the time for the screen to lock automatically after idling, so I know where is ''Sleep'' option, but don't know where is ''Automatic lock after'', m,aybe there isn't any? :)

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > Security and change it to anything other than Slide and once set up you should see an option to set the amount of time after screen off to lock the device.

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty