I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

sam59

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
2 questions please: how do I clean the glass properly as it's a bit marked, if not properly scratched?
Also is there any way to delete a single text message from a thread, rather than the whole thread? thanks

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
2 questions please: how do I clean the glass properly as it's a bit marked, if not properly scratched?
Also is there any way to delete a single text message from a thread, rather than the whole thread? thanks

Sam, I'm not sure about cleaning the glass. But just press and hold the specific message you want to delete within the thread. Some options will come up and one will be deleted. Just that message will disappear but the rest of the convo remains.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You can clean the glass with a damp cloth. If it's scratched you will need to live with it :mad:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

lcintc

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I would like a smart phone without a long contact or high monthly price. I want to use it mostly to browse the internet, text, and email. Connecting via free Wi-Fi most of the time would be fine, but I would like the option of buying pay-as-you-go cell service when more reliable service is needed... Google is selling an unlocked Nexus 4. Could I use this as I just described -- to connect to the internet via free Wi-Fi and then purchase cell coverage later?
Thanks

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I would like a smart phone without a long contact or high monthly price. I want to use it mostly to browse the internet, text, and email. Connecting via free Wi-Fi most of the time would be fine, but I would like the option of buying pay-as-you-go cell service when more reliable service is needed... Google is selling an unlocked Nexus 4. Could I use this as I just described -- to connect to the internet via free Wi-Fi and then purchase cell coverage later?
Thanks
Absolutely. This would be a fantastic phone choice. I love mine and wouldn't pick any other phone. It's got top specs, is fast, efficient and looks great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

joshtrader

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
i know this have been asked before but how do i clean the dusts off of the earpiece grill? i don't wanan use any chemical or solution or even air/dust blower since it will shove it in deeper

and another question about the voice signal, i do not have data enabled on my phone and i wonder why my signal for the phone is grayed out, only when i enabled wifi both the wifi signal and service signal is turns blue, as soon as i turn off wifi the service signal goes right back to gray.
thanks

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
i know this have been asked before but how do i clean the dusts off of the earpiece grill? i don't wanan use any chemical or solution or even air/dust blower since it will shove it in deeper

and another question about the voice signal, i do not have data enabled on my phone and i wonder why my signal for the phone is grayed out, only when i enabled wifi both the wifi signal and service signal is turns blue, as soon as i turn off wifi the service signal goes right back to gray.
thanks

My first question: do you have mobile data turned on?

Sent from my Nexus 7/Nexus 4

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
no i turn them off since i have very limited data, the voice signal is always gray, but as soon as i turn on wifi, both wifi and signal turns blue and as soon as i turn wifi off, the signal goes gray again

Well there's your problem. If you don't have mobile data enabled, your phone can't connect to Google services, which is why it turns blue in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 4/Nexus 7

Eyal Kidor Ball

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I just get my new nexus 4

when i make or receive a phone call the screen shut down & i cant open it with operate bottom
so i just make the phone call and can't use the phone (black screen onely no possible to change it)/ when the other side hang up the call' only then the screen start working' after i press the power bottom it start
i made the format operation without sincronaize the applications but its not working
please somebody can help

Eyal

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just get my new nexus 4

when i make or receive a phone call the screen shut down & i cant open it with operate bottom
so i just make the phone call and can't use the phone (black screen onely no possible to change it)/ when the other side hang up the call' only then the screen start working' after i press the power bottom it start
i made the format operation without sincronaize the applications but its not working
please somebody can help

Eyal

My guess is that you have a screen protector and it is covering part of the proximity sensor. Take it off and see if it fixes your issue.