I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Nexus4 asks to / forces you to reboot each time SIM card changed because it might resets network settings? Is that means next time I change SIM, there is a chance my MMS or SMS will not go trough because of specific APN settings?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
next time I change SIM, there is a chance my MMS or SMS will not go trough because of specific APN settings?

I swap between a few SIMs & haven't had a problem with SMS/MMS while rebooting.
You might want to power off before swapping SIMs though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

hb66

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I loved using spare parts to change the window and transition speed to fast, but the setting don't stick when i exit the app. is there a way to fix or a different app that will do this for me? thx

joshtrader

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
i have a question bout my battery usage.

just last couple of days the Android OS process been consuming over 10% of my battery with reaching up to 40% max. Even when asleep it still consuming overnight. I'm not sure what this Android OS handles but seems to be sucking the life out of my battery. Any solution to this?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I loved using spare parts to change the window and transition speed to fast, but the setting don't stick when i exit the app. is there a way to fix or a different app that will do this for me? thx
Nova launcher does this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

AJAYCHOTS

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
On my nexus 4 when Im watching youtube and change the volume I can only see what its on and no other change. If I were to press it 5 times it would only show I pressed it once but the volume would change. Does that happen to you?

marta162

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've recently acquired a Nexus 4 and the thing that frustrates me the most is that when it goes black it takes several seconds to get it going again and it's less than a month old. By several seconds I mean, sometimes up to 1 minute!!! Not exactly useful if you need to make an emergency call. Any comment on that please? Thank you.:'(

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
changing from WCDMA preferred to LTE/GSM on stock N4?

to improve calling and signal quality. Is there any benefit to doing this on a stock phone, on Tmobile and running 4.2.2? would i also need to change the APN from the default APN to the "fast" APN.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

nexxus89

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: changing from WCDMA preferred to LTE/GSM on stock N4?

I've had a friend who has been sending my g-chat (I think that's the name of the gmail chat feature) messages while I'm not at home. I get notifications for this on my Nexus, but I'd rather be texting instead of chatting there. I presume its because I now have the Nexus (only just recently got it) that I appear to be logged into g-chat all the time.

Is there a way of fixing this situation?

mr.rickeyk

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

I've had a friend who has been sending my g-chat (I think that's the name of the gmail chat feature) messages while I'm not at home. I get notifications for this on my Nexus, but I'd rather be texting instead of chatting there. I presume its because I now have the Nexus (only just recently got it) that I appear to be logged into g-chat all the time.

Is there a way of fixing this situation?

In Talk settings there's a "show mobile indicator to friends"; I believe if you un-tick this box, it won't show you as available when on your device. Try that and see if it works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Is there a way to backup and restore Nexus4 in the same way as Itunes does? With all apps and settings, so if anything happens or just restore to earlier backup date and without play store re-downloading apps?

nexxus89

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks! I do believe that works, though I've realized that I don't necessarily mind having that function on my phone.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to backup and restore Nexus4 in the same way as Itunes does? With all apps and settings, so if anything happens or just restore to earlier backup date and without play store re-downloading apps?

There's a great free app calls Carbon. Works great.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Danny Watts

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone please help me... :( I installed TWRP, rooted. I had error 7 with Paranoid android... the i WIPED sd. now i dont have android on my phone. and i can't push anything to it using root toolkit or nexus 4 toolkit. Can somebody please help me? HOW CAN I PUSH STOCK ROM ON TO Nexus 4??? PS: I think i messed up the drivers because win7 doesnt see nexus 4 and i cant set the develp usb mode b/c i cant start android...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member