I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Kelly Boden

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, ive recently had a google nexus 4 as a replacement from the iphone, so im still getting used to the android way of things, i just wondered if there was anyway you can change the way an mms photo comes through? mine comes through as a slideshow and then when its loaded its so small i can hardly see! Can anyone tell me how to change this so is full sized image? thanks!

sarastyj

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey I am pretty new to rooting but I have a major problem. I recently rooted my Samsung Nexus 4G, flashed clock work mod recovery and installed a version of Jelly Bean I found in on some website. But my problem is that I began to have problems with the version of Jelly Bean I download so I tried to flash back to stock but something went horribly wrong. Now my phone does not have mobile network and when I connect it to a computer, the computer will not recognize it. Bluetooth, WiFi and SD Card still works but I cannot find a way to get my Mobile Network to come back. Please Help!!

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey I am pretty new to rooting but I have a major problem. I recently rooted my Samsung Nexus 4G, flashed clock work mod recovery and installed a version of Jelly Bean I found in on some website. But my problem is that I began to have problems with the version of Jelly Bean I download so I tried to flash back to stock but something went horribly wrong. Now my phone does not have mobile network and when I connect it to a computer, the computer will not recognize it. Bluetooth, WiFi and SD Card still works but I cannot find a way to get my Mobile Network to come back. Please Help!!

Wrong thread. This thread is for the LG Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

strider2

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to play some music from my phone. The files are copied to ringtones folder. how do I play them? MX Player does not have a file open interface. Is there any stock default player which can scan my phone and show me the files I want to play?
I want to use the files as ringtones.
thanks

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to play some music from my phone. The files are copied to ringtones folder. how do I play them? MX Player does not have a file open interface. Is there any stock default player which can scan my phone and show me the files I want to play?
I want to use the files as ringtones.
thanks
your stock music player can automatically do that. It's the "play music app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

munnymaker

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi just got my phone and it's great but a curse at the same time cuz I'm super paranoid when it comes to preserving the battery.

I was wondering why the models differ and if I use a charger that did NOT come with my phone (I used a charger that my friend got with their nexus 4 phone) will it damage it? I'm just worried cuz it took a while to reach 100% when I used my friend's charger. My model is mcs-01wd and my friend's is mcs-01wr. The specs are the same. The user guide says "only use the travel adapter that came with your phone or else a different one may damage it" can someone ease my worries? Lol. Thanks!

CAC1031

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a problem with the ringtones menu on my Nexus 4--the list doesn't appear, when I go to change the ringtone it sends me into the file system. I've downloaded a package of default ringtones (ogg files) and put them into the ringtone folder where there had been only one file (hang-out). but still I don't get a normal list to come up. I can select a new ringtone this way, but it doesn't allow me to listen to them before hand which I'd really like to do. The same for notifications. Any solutions for this? Thanks, and sorry if it has already been asked and answered.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi just got my phone and it's great but a curse at the same time cuz I'm super paranoid when it comes to preserving the battery.

I was wondering why the models differ and if I use a charger that did NOT come with my phone (I used a charger that my friend got with their nexus 4 phone) will it damage it? I'm just worried cuz it took a while to reach 100% when I used my friend's charger. My model is mcs-01wd and my friend's is mcs-01wr. The specs are the same. The user guide says "only use the travel adapter that came with your phone or else a different one may damage it" can someone ease my worries? Lol. Thanks!
I use lots of different ones and have never had an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

CAC1031

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Any charger that is 50V = 12A (5.0V = 1.2A) should be fine.

It always takes a while to fill the last few percentage points up to a 100% charge. Maybe you were just more conscious of it because you were using your friend's charger.

the fat guy

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
When I receive an email through Yahoo with a picture attachment, it does not give me the option to view, it only says "INFO". How do I actually view this picture, and ultimately save the pic to the phone?

archie_bunker

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to increase the vibration power on the phone? I swear it's in my pocked and on vibrate, and I hardly ever feel a thing. Its not till I take it out that I can see the missed call or message. Any apps to strengthen the vibration?

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
total newb question...gotta believe it does..but if you add events to your google calendar, they will show up in the notification tray/page on the phone right?

Jason Beckles

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
After 6 torturous weeks, I finally got the Nexus 4; but I seem to have a problem streaming. I'm not sure if it's the network, the app or the phone. When I got the phone I tried to cut the sim card down and messed it up. So I went to 3 (the network) and they replaced the sim for me. Once I was up and running, everything seemed fine until I fired up the TuneIn app. It streams at 32k and buffers every 2/3 minutes, sometimes every 30 secs. This is over 3g/hspa+. Have you heard of any other N4's with this problem or do you think it could be the network or the app.

Thanks very much for any help.

Jason

TURBOSPARTAN

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
1. Can you delete some of the home screens without a launcher?

2. Can you add anything to the "quick settings" pull down (use 2 fingers to pull notification bar down instead of 1)?

3. How do you change the refresh rates for syncing (Google+, Gmail, etc.)?

deag

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I was able to successfully activate(port from Verizon) my Nexus 4 with Straight Talk ATT today morning. After the activation, I did a speed test. I got 1186 kbps upload and 216 kbps download speed (in Columbus IN, zip code: 47201). According to att website, this zip code has 4G coverage (not 4G LTE) but the speeds I am seeing are probably not even close to 3G. I was wondering if I setup something wrong? My APN settings are given below. I would be surprised if this is the max speed att has in this town.

Along with this, my data connection sometimes (esp. at home) goes off for no apparent reason.

Do you have any suggestions to improve the speeds? Is it just the area or am I doing something wrong?

APN Settings

Name: Straight Talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: Not Set
Port: 80
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com (removed HTTP - new users not allowed to post links)
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Rest are not filled with any values.

Yogi8

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
New to this forum and smartphones in general so sorry for the possible stupid question.

The Nexus 4 doesnt have a headset included. It says on the Google website it has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Does the 3.5mm headphone jack mean that you can only use wired headphone (for music) or can you also use headphones with built in microphone to make/receive calls.

Hopefully someone with the Nexus 4 can give me a definitive answer on this.

Thanks !!

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
is there a way to move the stock messenger icon off my main screen into the home folder? i guess you would call it (the center button that takes you to all the apps)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87